Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently got a call from a telemarketer joyfully letting me know about the privilege I have gained by answering the phone. I am one of a select group of people who will be permitted to do this survey.

Now if it were a simple "ya wanna do a survey?" I'd give a cheerful "no thanks" and let her be on her way, but since she's pulling this "you're privileged" bullshit, I can't let her off that easy. I match her tone, making it so sugary sweet that it would put a diabetic into shock:

Me: And how much will you be paying me to do your wonderful survey?
    TM: This is an exclusive survey, we are only accepting the opinions from a select group of people.
    Me: So what you're saying is that you're not paying anything for your wonderful survey.
    TM: The value you get is your opinion being one of the few that we will accept.
    Me: Right, well guess where you can shove your wonderful survey.
    TM: .....
    Me: *click*
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Damn, you are Evil, Homer!

I recently got a "survey" from one of the political parties that was really just a thinly-veiled request for donations. To avoid turning this into a debate which would be better suited on Fratching, I'm not saying which party is was. The only reason I was even registered with that party was so that I could vote against certain candidates in the primary.

Not only did I not send them any money (I pay enough in taxes already, I refuse to give any politician any money), but I also gave them a bunch of answers I know they wouldn't like, even though they were my honest opinions.

I bet I'm off their mailing list.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        but I also gave them a bunch of answers I know they wouldn't like, even though they were my honest opinions.

I bet I'm off their mailing list.
        I'll bet you're not. I haven't noticed that political parties are any more willing to remove victims from their calling lists than any other organization that calls people for a living.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
          I'll bet you're not. I haven't noticed that political parties are any more willing to remove victims from their calling lists than any other organization that calls people for a living.
          Oh well, guess I'll have to torment them some more then.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I recently got asked to do a smell test at the mall. I was bored and wandering, so I thought, "Sure, why not?" So they took me to a back room and handed me two jars, one white, one blue. "Which smells better?" I sniff. White smells sweet and soft. Blue smells of horrible chemical toxic waste.

"This is a joke, right?" I asked. When I got a negation in reply, I pointed to the white one. Then they wanted all my information, from address to phone number, email, number of family members, just to give me a $3 check. I told them they could keep their check, and walked out.

Same lady that'd stopped me before stops me again, asks if I want to do a smell test. Real good memory for faces, that woman has.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              [*]Yes, I do like beans! Why yes, I do like George Wendt! Of course I'd like to see George Wendt eating beans in a new movie![/LIST]
              Ah, the good ol' days of Animaniacs. :sigh: Good times.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X