This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The racist microwave...

This person got me looking for the CS forum today, you can thank him for me registering (again ).

Hotels bring in interesting folk from across the country, but this guy, well, he was beyond interesting.

RD = Racist Dude (who was already checked in)

ME = Hello sir, how can I help you?
    RD = Where is the microwave, I need to warm this food up?
    ME = Sir, the microwave is located right over here, next to the coffee.
    RD = I see that one, but I ain't using it.
    ME = Would you like for me to warm up the food for you sir?
    RD = NO! I can do it my damn self, but I need the microwave for me.
    ME = I'm sorry sir, I do not understand. You are free to use that microwave.
    RD = Look buddy, I know what you are doing, and it ain't funny.
    ME = I think there is a misunderstanding here sir...
    RD = I'll spell it out for you buddy, I WANT THE WHITE PEOPLE MICROWAVE!!!!
    ME = Sir, our conveniently located microwave is available to people of all races, color, and religion (and yes, this was sarcasm, I had a smile on my face the whole time).
    RD = You are a funny guy aren't you? Surprised you even speak English.
    ME = I also speak a little Spanish, French and Hindi (again, sarcasm with a smile).
    RD = Keep smiling, hope its funny tomorrow when you get fired.
    ME = Sir, the manager gets in at 7am, here is his card, and I'll write my name on it so you can discuss my firing with him.
    RD = Keep it up, and I'll have you on the first thing smoking to Afghanistan (I was born in Canada, my parents are from India, and I am a legal US Citizen, what does Afghanistan have to do with this?). *walks away*
    ME = Thanks for the offer sir, but I don't think a vacation is what I need right now.

I do not know what the deal with the microwave was, I am assuming because it was black in color (or maybe it has to do with the brand, I know people that boycott Companies due to political/religious reasons).

He is going to have fun tomorrow though, when it talks to my father...err...manager about my firing

Quoth slick View Post
    He is going to have fun tomorrow though, when it talks to my father...err...manager about my firing
    Icing on the cake

Rapscallion

Comment

ooh do tell us if anything happens
      that would be awsome!
      I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

What makes it funny is that he actually thought y'all would keep segregated microwave ovens. As if that were the standard in hotel lobbies and corner stores throughout the country. Think if someone walked up to you and asked you where the white-people's drinking fountain was, (and demanded you be fired when you told him you didn't have one.)
        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I am shocked by that nasty man!
          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

...The "white" one...

><
            You think the Afghanistan thing is funny? See, at least your family is from the right CONTINENT. I was once called a "dirty Paki" right after 9/11. I'm BIRACIAL. My father's AFRICAN-AMERICAN, my mother's GERMAN/BRITISH-AMERICAN. What part of "girl with dreads" smacks of Middle-Easterner?

There was another time when a guy asked me very slowly if I spoke English... but I digress...

Awesome story, people like that make me pause and giggle. Giggle the giggly giggles of little Japanese horror girls. ^__^
            6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Comment

I'm thinking he gave a shouting to the bus driver for making him sit in the back, too!
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                What makes it funny is that he actually thought y'all would keep segregated microwave ovens. As if that were the standard in hotel lobbies and corner stores throughout the country. Think if someone walked up to you and asked you where the white-people's drinking fountain was, (and demanded you be fired when you told him you didn't have one.)
                But all hotels do , the OP should have said "sorry, you aren't white enough".
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
                  Oh that FREAKING ROCKS!

That guy is so PWN3D!

M
                  I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Pixagi View Post
                    I was once called a "dirty Paki" right after 9/11. I'm BIRACIAL. My father's AFRICAN-AMERICAN, my mother's GERMAN/BRITISH-AMERICAN. What part of "girl with dreads" smacks of Middle-Easterner?
                    I really hope I don't have to explain how pathetic that attitude is. But that's more of a Fratching thing. Anyway, the microwave guy must have thought he was in Birmingham, Alabama in the 60's or something Weirdo.
                    "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
                      Hotels bring in interesting folk from across the country,
                      from the back country too apparently.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                        I'm thinking he gave a shouting to the bus driver for making him sit in the back, too!
                        Don't you mean the front? The back seat is where all the cool cats sit.

I had to hold a rabid guy off of beating a girl on a bus once. He was twice my size, but half my weight, (I'm 150 too btw). Amazing how quickly he got off that buss when he realize I was in fact, holding him not calm him, but for the girl to get a real shot back. (Belive me, I FELT that poor punch he got in return...)
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

He checked out a couple hours ago. I warned my father about him already. My father knows the drill, he is never surprised by people like this.
                          I wish I could have been there to see him, but I had to do other work.
                          I bet the guy got the clue because he didn't say a thing to my father. All he did was throw the room keys on the counter and left, didn't say a word, nothing.

BTW, he looked to be in his 40's, from Texas, drove a truck, had a Southern accent, you get the point. Sad thing is, he gives Southerners a bad name. I meet people that fit his description daily, and none of them are like that, most are very nice people.

Should also mention that there are a couple Asian people and Black people staying here, all for a conference. I wonder if this fool saw one of them using the microwave and got this whole "white-rowave" thing. I still would like to know, makes no sense to me.

Comment

Ooh you should've taken him up on the free trip LOL what a crazy weirdo. The thing I don't get - he's sending you on "the first thing smoking"? What the heck would that be?

Comment

That man has serious issues.

I guess the thought of talking to your manager/father scared him or something, huh?
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X