This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Daphne View Post
    I hate dealing with insane situations like the one in the OP. They're just absurd. You have no idea what to say.
    Well, I'm of two minds about it. If you can't deal with the situation with sarcasm and aplomb the way slick did, totally blowing your stack will work just as well. A week or two ago, my boss, who is Indian, was told by a guest from New Jersey who was checking out "to go back to your own country," after she and my boss got into an argument about the fact that Miss New Jersey had left her dogs in her room for hours on end unattended and they had barked and upset other guests.

You do not tell my boss to go back to India. Ever. Every time this happens, she unleashes an evil fury the likes of which is rarely seen aside from the special effects in a Hollywood blockbuster and the by time it's all said and done, the guest is usually terrified, and my boss has said things she regrets. This time was no exception, and by the time she was through, not only had the guest fled, but the housekeepers were holding each other in the laundry room behind the front desk, and trembling.

The guest had fled in such a hurry, even, that they left their stylin' Razr phone, and called back later, very meekly, to ask if we would mail it to them.
    Last edited by Antisocial_Worker; 04-26-2007, 05:57 AM.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Wow! What a jerk. I work at a hotel and people can be quite stupid when they are far away from home. I remember one time I was working and a bus from an African American church was staying at our hotel. A potential guest came as I was checking in the group. After I checked them in, he said "Are they staying here? I think I will stay somewhere else." He then stormed out. It's sad that people still think that way.

Comment

Working...
      X