Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You didn't pay for it, you're not getting it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a good and non-sucky way to play the waste card. I used this one many times myself. I'd go to the pizza stand in the food court at the local mall right at closing time. I asked what they were going to do with the pizza's that were sitting there having been made in the past 30 minutes before closing. They said that they usually toss them out. I mentioned that it would be a shame to let them go to waste.

The manager looked at me and said "Which one do you want? 5 bucks and it's yours."

I walked away with a large Ham, Bacon, Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza that normally sells for $18 that night.

Since then I'd always stop by at 9pm on a Friday and snag a cheap pizza from them. And considering that I buy my lunch from there at least three times a week and bought the slices at normal price it wasn't like I only came there to mooch...I just got my weekend pizza for cheap.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth UncleImpy View Post
      I personally wouldn't be surprised to hear he 'miscounted' on purpose to try and get that very thing.
      That was also my thought, the moment I saw the "mistake" he claims he made. And, oh, do I get sick of "the customer is always right" bullshit scenario in cases where it is so obvious a person like this deliberately tries to get something for nothing.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        We had a remnants bin that would either go to charities or kindys so it wasnt going to waste, but I was going to be damned rather than give SC an inch.
        Give them an inch and they'll take a foot.
        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
          I asked what they were going to do with the pizza's that were sitting there having been made in the past 30 minutes before closing. They said that they usually toss them out.
          That reminded me of when I was working at the University. I had a supervisor that had a separate cleaning service, and they were contracted out to clean a corporate pizza store. (think small roman leader )

What they would do occasionally is order a pizza under a fake name & nonexistent phone number about 30 minutes to closing. When they came in to clean, they would have a hot pizza waiting for them.

Notice - I wasn't involved, I didn't work for his cleaning service. I know it's not right, and I told him as much. About a month into the cleaning, they got busted for a worker sneaking alcohol out, and that was that.

Comment

Although normally I would not advocate drinking on the job (even though some times there's no place you need it MORE), excellent comeback!!

I have a question for you or any other UK-based poster. I know what "lager" is, have a vague feeling I know what "cider" is (what I would think of as "hard cider" in the US). What is "bitter"?

I used to think I hated beer, because all I'd ever had was a sip here and there of Coors Light or some comparable brand from a can. People told me I just hadn't had the RIGHT beer. Turned out they were right. I got to discover the wonderful experience of beer burps at the tender age of 33.
            He loves the world...except for all the people.
            --Men at Work

Comment

I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, the brits call bitter what we would call a stout. Something like Guiness. Sandwich in a glass. Whereas a Lager is a lighter thinner beer.
              The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

On the plane it often happens that people don't have enough change to buy stuff. So I just give it to them if they are nice, the airline makes a huge profit anyway.

No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I love this story.

If I had witnessed that as another customer, I would have offered to pay full price for the beer.

To keep it from going to waste, you know.

Ain't I a stinker?
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X