This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't bring me into this!

BG: I work in food manufacturing, it's a smallish facility. There are different areas and different supervisors for each area.

One sup drives everyone insane. I mentioned him when I started, and I basically said "yeah he's annoying but it's tolerable." That statement is still true, however he's gotten... worse. I think it started when this other lady came back from maternity leave. She used to be his boss before she had kids, and now he has her old job. She has no intention of being a sup again, she can't work the hours anymore. Anyway, I think he's threatened by her. He started acting WEIRD ever since she came back. He always talked non-stop. Now he talks sometimes. Other times he's super quiet and then yells at everyone randomly. Also he's way ADHD. Always running around half doing things, but not really accomplishing anything.

He's not at his usual spot very much (due to the running around), which means other people have to run over to that spot since there's an emergency shut off there. I think he goes and finds busywork to do to get away from his old boss. She's also very loud and will yell at him if she thinks he's not doing something right. I think she can be over the line, but he does not take it well AT ALL. He gets so awkward and does this high pitched laugh, which brings attention to how weird he's being. I was okay with all this, since I've been doing much more work in another area of the facility. But recently he's been odd to me, too. I can't be too specific, but just STRANGE. At one point he was talking to me and I literally could not follow his train of thought, I couldn't even tell what the subject was, it was just this rapid stream of unconnected words. I'm honestly a little worried about him. Well, worried and annoyed because his constant craziness gets to the point that you don't feel bad for him anymore.

Arg, okay the point of this post was that my coworkers are getting pretty fed up with him. Some of them only work in that area so they have to work with him for 8+ hours non-stop. They start being fairly short with him, and he responds by being snippy right back. One of them said she's getting a letter together and seemed like she wanted me involved. I didn't follow up on this because... Yes, I agree something needs to be done about him but DON'T GET ME INVOLVED! My benefits haven't even kicked in yet!

Putting my name down won't help anything. If this other coworker gets something coherent together, that's great but it doesn't need me. She's been with the company for years, I've been there for a few months. Plus I don't have to deal with him all the time, and I'm hoping that as I continue to be trained in other areas I will have to deal with him even less. The coworker needs to get other long-term employees to help her with her complaint.

Okay, I feel better now. I really don't mind my work. I won't stay there forever, but for now it's good. I only have to deal with this sup sometimes. On some days maybe even less than an hour. Based on the tension level in that work area, I think something is going to happen. Not sure what, but I don't want to be involved when it does.
    Last edited by notalwaysright; 12-09-2017, 02:51 AM.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Sounds like someone has a drug problem...
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

...or mental health issues.Not some sort of Tourette's-y type thing is it?
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I would guess he has mild Asperger's or something that's exacerbated by stress. Because he was always a bit off, but it was not so bad. Also I'd say he doesn't have the personality to be in management, or at least he could benefit from some training. Whatever it is, it's not being addressed and it's getting worse. There's a lot of stuff going on in the facility, it's loud and fast paced. He gets flustered, doesn't recover, and takes it out on the rest of us. Sometimes I can't tell what sets him off, he's just snaps at us.

It irritates me because other than this, I can remove myself from drama. I'm like Switzerland normally, and that's how I like it. I don't like when I have to be involved, thus the title of the thread.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          I'm like Switzerland normally....
          You have a magnificent set of Alpine peaks?

Oh I see what you mean
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Is he an older person? Could be early stages of Alzheimer's possibly?
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
              Is he an older person? Could be early stages of Alzheimer's possibly?
              He's early 50s I think? The closest comparison to the way he acts is Michael Scott from The Office. Does anyone remember the episode where something happened in his office and he came out to the main room and bothered everyone all day? He's just SO LOUD and the things he does to "help" aren't helpful at all, they create more work for the rest of us. Mostly he's like an eager puppy dog, but when his mood turns (due to one of my CWs snapping at him for being in the way, or his former manager calling his behavior out) he turns into a real man-bitch. The same way Michael Scott gets snippy when his underlings disagree with him.

His former manager was out most of this week and he was markedly happier. Still hugely annoying, but not as snappy. When all he's doing is just standing in his spot not talking and doing his job he is quite fast. It's his management skills which are lacking. We shouldn't be subjected to his weird mood swings.

...I think I will refer to him as Michael Scott on here from now on.

Comment

Working...
              X