Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favourite one is 'young whippersnapper'. I was explaining to this nut job that she wasn't allowed to pass out her flyers to random customers in our store. This did not make her happy. Her argument involved "You young...young...young...young........whippersnapper!"

I guess that was the best she could do

Edit: This person is the only customer in our 25 year history that the manager has banned from the store.

Comment

Back in the day, I attempted to get my coworkers to call me Domino (no, I'm not entirely sure why either...)
      Phone: *b-ring*
      M: "*this store*, Chesterfield, Domino speaking?"
      C: "David?"
      M: "Sure... I guess..."
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I had one angry customer decide that I was an object. This was back when I was a GSR. The guy was talking to my shift leader and saying things like "I'm so sorry you have to deal with that," and "why did they hire that," and "good luck getting along with that." "That" was usually punctuated with a finger pointed at me.

Our former AM basically taught me how to swear behind the wheel of a car. Does that count, even though the insults weren't directed at me?

Comment

One of our guys where I work, when a customer pisses him of will just smile and say "C U Next Tuesday!"

I guess it works for him.
          Sorry, but a failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!

Comment

the best?

a soulless robot.

because i wouldn't let his wife come into the theatre with an entire pizza. we even had 3 signs saying "no outside food or beverage allowed."

haha!
            "We just dropped $64,000 in that bar. We need to get real jobs to cover up the fact that we rob banks. But first, I need a drink."
            --- 12 oz mouse

Comment

Warning:GROSS OBSCENITY

I had an angry drunk guy on the phone once who was impossible to please. Besides calling me the f-word (gay slander) he called me a cum guzzler.

Comment

I was once called a whore over the phone cuz I said to this customer at the pizza place that I'd have to put him on hold. My immediate response was to say "How did you know?" and put the phone down. My boss was nearby, and nearly sh*t himself with laughter when I told him.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Sometimes I'd be hiding in the parking lot waiting for "walkers" (people who park in the lot and then walk to the bookstore or to the law center) so I could tell them they had to leave or be towed away, so I got called a bitch quite a bit. They'd drive past and yell "Bitch!" (note they didn't have the berries to do yell that while they were standing in front of me, right? ) Sometimes I'd yell back "Hey, that's QUEEN bitch to you, bucko!"

If I cared some punk thought I was a bitch, would I be out there towing?

Comment

Quoth Discourtesy Clerk View Post
                    What were the circumstances? How did you know you were being insulted?
                    This was during a playoof game which are very hectic. I was in VIP and I had to close it because we rean out of spots. One guy came by, asked why VIP was closed and I told him that we were full as he drove off, he said something. Sometimes you don't have to speak the language in order to know what's being said.

One time a guy called me an ass but it was in a sort of a musical rhythm because of the way he said it. I was also called Satan's spawn once.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

The nearby retirement community produced plenty of SCs who would call the employees weird funny names.

Longhair was one I got alot, because of my shoulder length hair.

Draft Dodger was one I got a few times probably for the same reason, even though there hasn't been a draft in my lifetime.
                      "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

I was called "Irving" for some reason.

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                          I was called "Irving" for some reason.
                          well, that IS bizarre...

I hope you gave him a what-for!

irving indeed.
                          "We just dropped $64,000 in that bar. We need to get real jobs to cover up the fact that we rob banks. But first, I need a drink."
                          --- 12 oz mouse

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                            Before anyone thinks I was unfair, this was the last straw for this noob. He'd gone thru all his chances in record time.
                            Understood. I've banned a few idiots from here myself for lesser bullshit. Don't remember any names I might have gotten called as a result, but I'm sure it happened.

Not that this is original, but I did get called an "asshole" by some jackass because I dared to be on my lunch. Come on, I had my lunch in my hand, and I was out of uniform. Get a freakin' clue!

I was actually going to call someone else to help him, but after he called me an asshole, there was no way I was doing shit for him.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

It's not really weird, but I've had people get mad at me even though they said they were calling me "by name". Well, the names chosen have either been "Virginia" or "Valerie". Sorry, but neither one of those are my name! Am I supposed to respond because they were close enough?
                              On the flip side, a lot of little girls seem to have my name now, so I answer when nobody's really talking to me!
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

In early 73 when I returned from RVN some hippy called me a baby-killer. Afterwords he needed to make an appointment with a dentist. I still see the guy from time to time and he's still a jerk.
                                When I was loading mulch at the wife's business some city fellow called me Super-Red-Neck and didn't mean it in a nice way. I told him to beat it and he went to complain to the boss. In a few minutes the wife came out with SC in tow and fired me. I jumped off the tractor kissed her and said "See ya at later at home." The look on his face was priceless.
                                I had a black fellow call me the n-word thinking I was black. I'm not just Cherokee he face was red.
                                Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                                X