This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't hold overnight

Lady calls my store asking for some candle holders and the convo goes like this

Me: Yes we have 2 of them, would you like me to put them on hold?
    Her: yes please
    Me: Ok what's your name?
    Her: *Gives name*, I'll be in sometime tomorrow to pick them up
    Me: Oh, ma'am we don't hold items overnight, all items get put away each night. I can give you the SKU and you can call the store tomorrow and get them to put them on hold for yout then.
    Her: Can you just put them on hold for me tomorrow?
    Me: I'm not working tomorrow
    Her: (Sarcastically) Thanks for the customer service
    Me: You're welcome *click*

Did she expect me to come in on a day off just to put them on hold for her or what?

In my store, we will hold items that are full price or sale for overnight, tho our store manager doesn't like it (everyone does it tho)
    However, if it is clearance, we will only hold it for the day.
    At one time, a couple o fyears ago, our store manager tried to stop ALL holds. He pointed out, rightly so, that MOST holds do not get picked up...they will sit in the back until some salesperson is bored, and decides to clean out the hold area. We often had stuff back there for WEEKS.
    So, we were not selling the stuff in the back....
    Anyways, when other stores in our company called us for a customer, we had to tell them we could not hold the item for their guest...and they got REALLY mad, since they held stuff there. (we suggested ringing the item for the guest, and putting it in package-pick-up, so the person could pick it up whenever they had the time)

Well, the policy changed, not because the manager said so, but just because all the salespeople did whatever they wanted to do, and kept the customers happy. We're the ones losing sales when people get mad.
    We're also the ones who have to clean out the hold area when most of the items do not get picked up in 48 hours...(cuz that's still what happens...)
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

Comment

At the craft store I once had a lady tell me "there will be HELL to pay" if her hold had been put back

it was christmas, she had red and green christmas table sprinkles on hold. I couldnt find them, they had been cleaned out and put back on the shelf.

we held items for a week without a deposit. when I asked the hold lady about them she had put them away for her SIX WEEKS AGO

and yet she has the freaking gaul to yell at ME about the stupid glitter. I still kick myself that I apologuised... I must have been having an off day.
      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Enjis View Post
        In my store, we will hold items that are full price or sale for overnight, tho our store manager doesn't like it (everyone does it tho)
        However, if it is clearance, we will only hold it for the day.
        At one time, a couple o fyears ago, our store manager tried to stop ALL holds. He pointed out, rightly so, that MOST holds do not get picked up...they will sit in the back until some salesperson is bored, and decides to clean out the hold area.
        Yeah, that was usually MY job, when I had a slow moment, and I was working with Nice AM, I would root through the Hold box (just barely larger than a shoe box). Oh, to think how often Nice AM and I had convos along these lines:
        M: "Holy crap! Here's that copy of Napoleon Dynamite the computer said we had Tuesday! It's been on hold... three weeks, according to the sticky note... On the floor it goes!"
        Note: we were only supposed to do holds for 24 Hours (Why it was changed to that instead of 'one day', I don't know... it's the same farging amount of time!)
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Note: we were only supposed to do holds for 24 Hours (Why it was changed to that instead of 'one day', I don't know... it's the same farging amount of time!)
          Depends on how you look at it. One day could be that day. Or maybe until closing time the next day. Maybe an hour here and there scattered over four months. 24 hours says to me that if they call for it at, say, 3:30 pm on Monday, then they have until 3:30 pm on Tuesday to pick it up, or back on the salesfloor it goes.

Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Depends on how you look at it. One day could be that day. Or maybe until closing time the next day. Maybe an hour here and there scattered over four months. 24 hours says to me that if they call for it at, say, 3:30 pm on Monday, then they have until 3:30 pm on Tuesday to pick it up, or back on the salesfloor it goes.

Like in the "But two days is too quick!" thread, 24 hours is obviously longer than 1 day . . . not as many customers will fight about 24 hours . . .
            ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Working...
            X