Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This really upset me.. I thought we lived in a tolerant society..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People wonder why I'm an atheist, there's too many intolerant overly-religious morons these days. I'm not coming down on anyone's religion here, but c'mon, have a little tact.

Comment

Quoth Rubystars View Post
      ...If they commented on your sunburn, you could have simply remarked "Yes, I was out in the sun a bit too long yesterday." Your statement would have been politically neutral and the incident never would have happened and neither you nor them would have been upset.
      In this day and age, I do NOT believe people need t be PC! I hate all that PC crap. You can't say hello without offending SOMEONE! It is a disgrace that people can get offended by someones personal choice! He had every right to say where he got sunburnt. If he had said "I was at a church outing" I suppose it would have been ok? No, I usually do not like to express opinions on this forum as all I like doing is sharing customer stories...but this is just wrong!

At least that is what I think, you are entitled to your own opinion.
      Last edited by Ree; 08-06-2006, 10:57 PM. Reason: excessive quoting
      "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

How'd you sneak this in? I previewed, even.

Quoth Rubystars View Post
        I think if I read this thread for a while and watch all this ranting go on about the 'religious right' I'll see yet again how hateful lefties can be.
        I believe in God. I'm a registered Libratarian. The only folks "righter" than us Libs are Anarchists. The "religious right" people getting all the attention, are not Conservative.

They might think they are "religious" and I have some doubts about that...didn't Jesus teach us to hate the sin but love the sinner? (not that I think g/l/b are sinning), but they certainly are not "righties".

I'm not singling a specifi group out, I'm bashing ignorant, hateful people.

What made you want to bring up a gay pride parade at work anyway?
        This is 2006. The world has changed and people need to move with the times. A casual mention that one has attended a well-known event shouldn't be a world shaking event. It should be taken just as if one got sunburned by working too long in the garden.

Comment

Im really sorry someone treated you like that OC, they had no right to, no one deserves to be treated that way.

I was raised in a strictly religious home, but was taught the golden rule above all, "do unto others as you would have others do unto you"

my family are homophobic and during highschool one of my best friends came out, one year he was allowed to come over and hang out, the next year, he wasnt. I hate hypocrital behaviour like that!

so much for them practising what they preached!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

The posting no longer has to do with the original post, other than, "That was your view, this is my view."

One more time, Customers Suck! is not a debate forum. This thread is closed, and there will be no more further discussion. Harsher punishment will start to be doled out should more of this continue in other threads.
            "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Working...
            X