This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Haskell, Too Many Morons

For those who don't know what the Haskell is, it is one of the biggest horse races in the United States. It's at Monmouth Park Racetrack, the first Sunday of August. That's where I work, but I don't actually work for the track, it's a famous food serving company. Huge lines, running out of food, it happens. Most people were understanding about it.

Moron #1 came up to us and asked for three fries. We informed her that we were waiting for the next batch of fries to cook and it'd be about five minutes. She then turned nasty and started demanding fries as she has been waiting in line for over 15 minutes. Yea, her and everyone else. I didn't see anyone else complaining to us in that line. She then told us since we didn't have enough fries for a full cup, just give her a half cup and she could pay half. I told her no, we'd end up short another two bucks because the number of supplies we have at the end of the day is how we determine how much money we should have. Obviously not acceptable. We were already pissed off so one of my co-workers just took a serving tray, put three fries on it, gave it to her, then told her to go away. We all laughed at her as she left the line.

Our prices of all of our items are posted clearly on the wall behind us. Multiple times, we had people try to give us $1.75 for fries. It clearly says on the sign, fries are $4.00. They tried to argue with us, saying that it says $1.75. We then pointed to the word next to it, "Chips". I don't care where you are from or what you call them there. When you are in New Jersey, they are FRIES!!! Just because back home they are called chips, we are going to let you rob us of $2.25!

Then the racetrack hired a bunch of people to help clean around the track and crap. They kept coming up in threes and fours, with manager slips, taking food that they didn't have to pay for. Unfortunately, this would leave us with little or no food to give to the paying customers. After awhile, I got fed up and went downstairs to the office to complain. They told me just to stop giving them free food and to tell them to go somewhere else. When I got back, there were SEVEN in line. I told them all no more free food for them and they got pissed. Their boss came up to me and told me how my main boss told him they could do it. I told them he never told me any such thing so I wouldn't give them free food. Later, my main boss came down to us and told us we could give them free food. Such crap. They ate $318 worth of burgers, over $120 in fries, and another $100 in soda. Well, if my boss said it's ok, then I don't care that my company got screwed out of so much money.

I had to be there at 9:30 in the morning and I didn't punch out till 7pm. On the way out, I saw a co-worker sitting around waiting for the stock guys to take her beer away so she could go count her money and finally leave. We were there for over half an hour waiting, so I just went downstairs and told them I was going to do it since they weren't. Then they messed up with transfers and he was somehow over $400 short. She obviously didn't steal it, we knew they messed up in the computers, and they knew that too, so they let her go home. So I finally left work at 8pm. I hate this job so much. Luckily, my last day is the 13th.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Quoth Greenday View Post
    Luckily, my last day is the 13th.
    How ironic!
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
      How ironic!
      Oh, great, thanks for pointing that out. Now I KNOW my last day is going to be fun.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
        Oh, great, thanks for pointing that out. Now I KNOW my last day is going to be fun.
        That's OK, the first day at my current job was on the 13th. And I found out I was getting it on Halloween. Nothing really terrible has happened with it, I'm still there after almost 17 years.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
        X