This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mixed Bag View Post
    Especially, what's with sweet potatoes? Maybe the same people like peas with whipped cream and hot fudge lima beans?
    You should try sweet potato fries! Those are so-o-o-o good. Especially with regular fries, a green chile cheeseburger, and a Guiness at O'Neills!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
      And update I've been informed that I'm not welcome at that particular farmers market again, it seems the Right Reverand thought I was rude to that DA yankee woman. I've already secured a stall at another FM and I'll have several gallons of blackberries, dew-berries, and blueberries.
      Oh no, DA yankee woman is contagious me thinks!

Comment

Quoth Tutorgal View Post
        No way! Spinach is good stuff. The devil's food has to be the overboiled, underseasoned cabbage that you Brits love to pass off as veg. A year of eating that stuff while at Oxford and I will never, ever, eat cabbage again for as long as I live.
        Don't ever compare school cabbage to the real stuff. A good Savoy cooked to perfection is heavenly, especially served with lasagne.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Savoy cabbage cooked with cream, onion and bacon is lovely, I have to admit. Mainly because it tastes of cream, onion and bacon instead of cabbage....
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Qwakkeddup View Post
            Oh no, DA yankee woman is contagious me thinks!
            I like my new diggs unfortunately the garden is coming to an end soon unless we get lots of water.
            I still have some corn but it's field corn now, the cucs, zucchinni, yellow squash, apples, peaches the remaining fresh herbs are coming on. Beans are gone as is the sweet corn. Okra is just about gone, the watermelons are small but real sweet, lopes are in the same boat. I don't like honeydews so I don't plant them. I'm going to plant some turnip greens tonight. I've also got lots of heirloom maters as well as the more popular kinds. I don't like raw tomatoes so for myself I raise Romas and make sauce for canning. I'll also can beefsteaks and some others.
            The customers so far have been real nice. They're mostly city and yuppie type folks. The yankees so far have been OK and not to many know-it-alls. The only thing I don't like about the new place is that I can't sell directly off my truck I have to unload and then pay-to-park it. Saturday when I was loading up to leave a few college aged kids helped out because I was donating the remainder to the food bank and they really appreciated it assing out emo: I told them to take what they wanted but they refused any payment. There might be hope yet.
            I've also found out that having copies of country receipes avaiable with the vegis I have for sale helps sales.
            With new state laws unless you prepare food in a commercial kitchen you can't offer it for sale to the public. There won't be any good-ol fried pies this year or peach cobbler, nor any home canned goods. Damn the governor damn his straight to heck!!!!
            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Even though I consider myself a suburban guy, I know what unhusked corn looks like. I used to go to the Farmer's Market with my parents when I was a kid.
              Op.125

Comment

Working...
              X