This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $15,602,022,489,829,821,422,840,226.94

That's the cost of the most basic Death Star, in 2008 dollars.

That's

Fifteen Septillion,
    Five-hundred six Sextillion,
    Twenty-two Quintillion,
    Four-hundred eighty nine Quadrillion,
    Eight-hundred twenty nine Trillion,
    Eight-hundred twenty one Billion,
    Four-hundred twenty two Million,
    Eight hundred forty Thousand,
    Two-hundred twenty six Dollars,
    and Ninety-four cents.

Holy shit, that's a lot of money!

If I donate the 94 cents, who's volunteering to start the CS death star build?
    "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Yeah, but remember, that's with absolutely no infrastructure in place. I'm sure you could knock a couple quadrillion off the price if you had a space dock.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth MannersMakethMan View Post
        If I donate the 94 cents, who's volunteering to start the CS death star build?
        I got a dollar.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Of course, I can't accept that the Death Star's main building component is steel. You'd probably expect me to say it's some hi-tech superdense alloy, right?

On the contrary, the Empire is notorious for cutting corners. They skimp on everything from stormtrooper armor (plastic) to stormtrooper training (what's "aim?"), have shieldless tie fighters and walkers that can be crushed by Ewoks with logs tied to ropes. Naw, I'm gonna guess that large portions of the Death Star are composed of aluminum foil and duct tape.

Comment

Maybe the second one, since they were able to fly right in it without a lot of difficulty, but not the first one. The fire from the explosion was completely the wrong colour for aluminum.

Comment

Good point. What's cheaper than aluminum? Balsa wood?

Comment

Cardboard and silver paint?

Comment

Get a few independent contractors in there, and you're all set.
                  The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Great. Now I've got it in my mind that the Empire probably gets all its goods from a planet suspiciously resembling China, and its workers from a planet suspiciously resembling Mexico. In short, the Empire is Wal-Mart.

Comment

The really funny part? My Star Wars "lounge Jazz" mp3s just came on.

Comment

I'll donate 5 dollars....

Total: 6.94

What about Bamboo?
                        Last edited by Aethian; 02-05-2009, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Quoth Danno View Post
                          Of course, I can't accept that the Death Star's main building component is steel. You'd probably expect me to say it's some hi-tech superdense alloy, right?

On the contrary, the Empire is notorious for cutting corners. They skimp on everything from stormtrooper armor (plastic) to stormtrooper training (what's "aim?"), have shieldless tie fighters and walkers that can be crushed by Ewoks with logs tied to ropes. Naw, I'm gonna guess that large portions of the Death Star are composed of aluminum foil and duct tape.

It's made of material that doesn't exist yet.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                            It's made of material that doesn't exist yet.
                            Impossible! The story was set a long, long, time ago.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                              Impossible! The story was set a long, long, time ago.
                              Let me clarify - material that doesn't exist yet in our galaxy because we haven't discovered it or the alloy blend to make it. We're too far, far away to get that info.

Comment

Working...
                              X