This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the suckiest suck that ever sucked

Yesterday, about 10 minutes before my shift was to end, this asshat came in to get his Brewers card stamped. (The particular gas station I work at <the entire company, actually> has a promo where if you buy 8 gallons of gas, you get a stamp, and when you get 5 stamps, you get a free ticket to a Brewers game.) I glanced out the window to see if he theoretically was getting at least 8 gallons of gas, and noticed gas FLOWING underneath his car, because he has it on the automatic setting.

I stopped the pump, he ran outside to get the nozzle out of his car, and then he came back in SCREAMING at me that we have faulty equipment, etc. He demanded to know what I would do about it. I calmly told him that unfortunately there was nothing I could do, especially since there was a sign on the pump saying that pumps must NOT be left unattended. He screamed at me some more, then left.

I found out later that he came back and yelled at the girl who worked 2nd shift, AND called to bitch out my boss. My boss backed me up and said that we are actually supposed to shut the pump off as soon as the customer walks away from it for any reason, so the asshat tells my boss that his employees need to be trained better (!?!). Then he treatened to call the BBB and all the local TV stations to get the word out on our crappy store, employees, equipment amd business practices. We can hardly wait.
    Last edited by Bella_Vixen; 07-12-2006, 03:34 AM.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

"I'm sorry, sir, you'll have to wait here, and give me the keys to your car, so you don't accidentally blow up the gas station while we wait for the firetruck to get here and save our lives... Mmmm, firemen..."
    *grins*
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

The customer in line behind him offered to follow him around with a lit cigarette...I thought about it for a minute, but decided to turn down his kind offer.

Comment

What an asshat! I hope he falls off a cliff.
        The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Thank god there wan't someone talking on a cell phone. I havn't heard of anyone actually blowing up a gas station with one, but I figured if the sign is there it must be there for a reason. I'm just glad you and everyone else is safe now. What do you do with all the gas that runs all over the pavement? Do you put that litter like stuff on it to absorb or does it just vaporize?

I have been there. I was pumping gas and put the automatic switch on. Normally when the tank is full the pumper will switch off. Mine didn't, it started overflowing. I caught it before there was a major spill but it was still a couple of dollars extra. I told that employee and they said that that pump was broken but they couldn't refund anythng. I was unhappy but I didn't start screaming and yelling over it.
          Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth Crazyredhead
            Thank god there wan't someone talking on a cell phone. I havn't heard of anyone actually blowing up a gas station with one, but I figured if the sign is there it must be there for a reason. I'm just glad you and everyone else is safe now. What do you do with all the gas that runs all over the pavement? Do you put that litter like stuff on it to absorb or does it just vaporize?

I have been there. I was pumping gas and put the automatic switch on. Normally when the tank is full the pumper will switch off. Mine didn't, it started overflowing. I caught it before there was a major spill but it was still a couple of dollars extra. I told that employee and they said that that pump was broken but they couldn't refund anythng. I was unhappy but I didn't start screaming and yelling over it.
            I believe the Mythbusters debunked the cellphone at a gas station myth, CrazyRedhead

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn
              I believe the Mythbusters debunked the cellphone at a gas station myth, CrazyRedhead
              They did. I have that episode in the Season 1 DVD set. Even in a very enclosed space with ridiculously high amounts of gasoline vapor, they could NOT get a cell phone to cause an explosion. Static electricity from clothing managed it, though (the suggestion made was not to get in and out of your car repeatedly while filling up, or to touch something metal before handling the nozzle or fuel tank opening (sorry, don't remember the correct name for that car part)).

See http://www.mythbustersfanclub.com/mb...nt/view/69/27/ , item 4, for more info (this was a revisit of this one, with the same (lack of) result as the original experiment).
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

yes, mr. asshat, by all means DO contact the bbb, local news and anyone else who'll listen; we all love it when someone makes an ass of themselves publicly over their own stupidity.

yesss, we do...
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

its true, modern cellphones won't ignite petrol vapour. However, if you drop your cellphone and the battery dislodges, theoretically, it could cause a spark and hence a fire. That was the main objection to using cellphones in petrol stations, not that the phone itself could cause a fire.

*knows far too much about cellphones for her own good*
                  A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                  - Dave Barry

Comment

I'll be sure to watch the channel 4 news to see if this dry pool diving team member gets his 15 minutes of fame.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You have a rule that you have to shut off the gas pumps when people walk away from them? That's awesome...

We didn't have that. I just enjoyed being a bitch and I'd "emergency stop" a pump every time some self important moron would get on their phone and walk more than a few feet away from the pump. Especially if they decided they'd leave their pump unattended, pumping, pumping.. and come inside. Boy, people sure hated me for daring to keep people's safety in mind :P

And we'd never refund for spills. Most of the time they were caused by people being idiots, or letting their 5 year olds pump gas.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

[QUOTE=Crazyredhead] Do you put that litter like stuff on it to absorb or does it just vaporize? QUOTE]

Yeah I used the "kitty litter" to soak it up...which reminds me. I have to tell my boss to get some more.

My old boss at my first (and second) gas stations just had us pour water (!) over it. Way to ruin the water table and God knows what else.

Comment

Some people just shouldn't be allowed out in public places.
                          "The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts." - Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen
                            The customer in line behind him offered to follow him around with a lit cigarette...I thought about it for a minute, but decided to turn down his kind offer.
                            Heh, if I'd been there, I would've offered too...on my way out the door, following Mr. Asshat, smokey treat and lighter already in hand.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                            X