This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
    only when wounded-now petri dishes will attack without provocation.
    Hah! The most dangerous of inanimate objects is the dreaded metal desk drawer. I can't tell you how many times when I was working in an office that one of those metal desk drawers would just pop out of nowhere and BOOM! Right into my right knee. (It's always my right knee). The last time one attacked me, my knee when numb for 10 minutes.

Comment

The First Aid Manual states that burns should be drenched in water (running) for a minimum of 10 minutes, or until the pain is no longer there when you remove the affected area from water.

Creams and lotions should not be applied.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        The First Aid Manual states that burns should be drenched in water (running) for a minimum of 10 minutes, or until the pain is no longer there when you remove the affected area from water.
        Please also make note of the severity of the burn. The first aid for first- and second-degree burns is very different from the recommended treatment for a third-degree burn.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
          Please also make note of the severity of the burn. The first aid for first- and second-degree burns is very different from the recommended treatment for a third-degree burn.
          Indeed, however from the fact that our PT is up and about so soon after I'm thinking it wasn't a 3rd degree!
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            Indeed, however from the fact that our PT is up and about so soon after I'm thinking it wasn't a 3rd degree!
            first degree - red, painful
            second degree - blisters, skin can be peeling if the blisters have burst doe to the injury
            third degree burn - loss of skin, with damage to underlying tissue
            fourth degree burn - charring, significant damage to underlying tissues, bone can be charred.

Trust me, most people rarely get worse than a bad second degree burn. I have had 3d degree chemical burns from phosgene exposure that also had me getting my lungs flushed out and a lot of quality time in the emergency room and intensive care portions of a military trauma center.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
            X