Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which job have you had which had the highest SC rating?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a huge difference between grocery store customers and hardware store customers.

I think customers are nastier in the food stores because people have to eat, and the begrudge the money they are spending on food.

When they come to the hardware store, it's usually because they want to shop, not because they are forced to...unless it's an emergency situation with plumbing or something like that.

Not that there aren't a large share of sucky customers in hardware, they just don't seem quite so bitchy.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Dr Yorick View Post
      Radio Shack....
      Owww.....This may be the winner folks

My worst I'd have to say would be my old cellphone shop. Owner was a self righteous, bombastic blowhard, standard whiny cell phone customers, etc, etc....
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

My current one. The call center.

Comment

My retail hell days at the IGA I used to work at. The town that store was in had some of the rudest people that I've ever met.

It was a happy day for me getting out of there!
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

401(k) call center.
            The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

The cable business. It's still a good job all around, but there's something about cable that brings out the weird in people.
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Deli: Not too bad; A few old grouchy women, fat middle aged hunters and grease monkey's with entitlement issues. Had one asshole come in and threaten to tell everyone else how lousy we were because we didn't get his lunch meat sliced right away.

Garden Supply Store: Okay; A few pushy customers but no one too nasty. I didn't help customers much anyways since I was assigned to move potted plants around all day.

Newspaper: Not too bad; One lady called me dumb over the phone and a few people made some ridiculous complaints, (I had to drive out to see an old guy with only the top corner of his paper wet) but I liked everything else about it.

Engineering Firm: Great; Didn't have any real customers to bother with since we shipped all our equipment directly to GM plants. A few big wigs got on my nerves but over all a cool place to work.

Market Place: Shitty; lots of redneck morons and self absorbed bitches. People whined, complained, demanded, swore and walked away in a huff when they didn't get what they wanted.

Landscaping business: Okay; A few cranks here and there and a couple old people who think we don't know what we're doing because me and my friend are only 20. One time I was emptying a lawnmower bag into his truck full of lawn equipment and someone drove up and asked, "Hey, do you guys cut lawns?" I gave him a stare and asked, "What do you think?" He frowned and drove off.

Comment

Most SC-prone job I've had was the cashier's office at a car dealership. You know the person who collects your money after you've had an overpriced oil change or 50000000mile service? That was me.

Yeah, the applicable person to scream at about the quality of our service is the fat, teenaged girl standing behind the counter in dress clothes at 7:00 in the evening. She obviously did the work on your car, please misdirect your anger at her and ruin her attitude about humanity even before her first semester at college. Let's get that out of the way early, k?

Comment

My brief foray into the world of the career-track position, aka My Days As An HR Lackey. SCs on all sides: the management "team," the employees, the client staff, and the Live Brain Donors at corporate.

It was while I worked here that I started to miss waitressing, so that should give you some idea of how much it sucked.
                    Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Would have to be the one I am in now, even tho I love the industry, the hotel industry can get some of the worst SC's I've noticed. And I have worked retail and fast food. But the worst I've had are the ones I get at the hotel. Nothing's ever good enough, never cheap enough, never clean enough, or nice enough. Not to mention at least once a day we get someone trying to get a free night for some stupid reason or another.
                      My boss has this phrase..."Give 'em the pickle!" but I just seem to want to tell 'em where to stick that pickle....

Comment

Working...
                      X