This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One hell of a tantrum.....

Hello, everyone. Haven't posted in a long time, mainly due to no longer working in retail. Lately, I've been running errands and doing computer work for an accountant, who I'd worked for several years back (typically referred to as "The Alcoholic" when I've mentioned him here in the past).

Today, I showed up to do errands as usual, but shortly afterwards, he sent me over to a client's contracting business to help them "buy and replace a computer." When I arrived at their office/garage, I didn't notice anything overtly amiss at first. However, when I entered the office where the computer was, the first thing I noticed was that it was rather chilly.

I soon discovered why.

Of the six large panes of glass in the office windows, four of them (all facing out the front side of the building) had been shattered. Going back into the conference room, I noticed that two of the doors going out into the garage area had windows in them which had been bashed numerous times with a heavy blunt instrument of some sort; somehow, these windows hadn't completely shattered like the office ones, but were badly cracked up. Later on, I noticed that the glass door leading outside from the garage section had some cracks in the bottom corner, as if it'd been kicked. My first thought was that it was some sort of burglary, but in fact, nothing had been noticeably stolen; rather, the office computer, it's flatscreen monitor, and a fax machine had been smashed as well.

I asked the receptionist what had happened, and she said something to the effect of "It's better off not being answered." However, I was able to eventually get some vague details on what'd happened: apparently, someone had thrown a major temper tantrum in the office, and did as much damage as they could on their way out of the building. I'm not sure if it was due to someone getting fired or not, though I wouldn't be too surprised. They certainly left quite a path of destruction in their wake.

Anyway, the receptionist and I ended up buying a computer/monitor bundle, and I was able to get the hard drive from the smashed computer working in the new one without too much hassle. Not too long before I left, someone from a local glass company showed up to board up the office windows, and replace the conference room windows. An interesting experience, to say the least...
    -Adam
    Last edited by AdamAnt316; 02-18-2011, 02:25 AM.
    Goofy music!
    Old tech junk!

There used to be a small, rock-filled area on the corner where our building is. Kids leaving school and into the evening hours took great joy picking up rocks and seeing how many windows they could break. Our windows are huge and damn expensive. We once had a class of school kids (teachers and all) that started throwing rocks, one flew through my open window and just missed me. My manager ran outside yelling, and no one, not even the teachers, paused to pay her any mind. They finally paved the corner.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Should have taken pictures and presented the school with the repair bills.

And the teachers with criminal charges.

Comment

Oops, I phrased it wrong. I meant there was a full class that included teachers, but only a few of the kids were throwing rocks. Not sure if the teachers were selectively oblivious or what, but they didn't stop. Though I was amused that my "mama-bear" manager took after them in a lather because the rock came close to hitting me.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
        X