This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "sorry - long!"

I don't understand why many people feel the need to apologise for posting a 'long' post, most of which I don't consider anywhere near long?

I understand that maybe it is to warn the lazy readers to avoid it (i think?) but by the time you read a whole bunch of responses to said 'long thread,' you would have read one big long bit of writing - so what does it matter?

Just a thought

I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
    another time, this world would fade away
    To find true love, is like no other joy,
    our choice is here
    be happy for today

There are some people who open a post, and if it looks too long, they just don't bother reading.

My posts tend to be long, but sometimes they aren't.
    Some people read them, some people skim, and some people just don't bother.
    I had one friend tell me that they don't always read mine because they are so long.
    Not a big deal to me.

I put in the "long" disclaimer just to save people the bother of opening them if they aren't in the mood for a long post.

Also, you have a point that a thread can get long anyway, if there are a lot of replies, but sometimes, it's easier to read a bunch of short replies from different people, than one long post from the same person, having to follow the train of thought from beginning to end.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a long post.

I get turned off if I see one big block of text: no punctuation, no paragraphing, and so on.

Long posts are fine as long as they are formatted properly.
      The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

I know that if I'm reading forums before I head to work in the morning, I skip the ones that say 'sorry - long' and read them later when I have more time.

Comment

Working...
        X