This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emoticons

I have a whole bunch of emoticons that I want to use here. They are another site. How do I transfer them over here, especially the 'burning eyes' one?
    Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

I dont know the answer to that question but this reminded me of a quote by Comic Book Guy from "The Simpsons"

"There is no emoticon for what I am feeling!"

No emoticon indeed...

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Test first to see if this works.... if the smiley getting hit with a tomato shows up, then you can put the image's URL between IMG tags.

Edit: it works.
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

The alternative is to email them to me as attachments and I may very well look at getting them on the site. I'm rapscallion, who is at blueyonder. which is a dottie co and a dottie uk.

Rapscallion

Comment

I think I finally got it. My daughter is a genious.
          Last edited by Crazyredhead; 07-09-2006, 01:51 AM.
          Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

I suggested this one to Raps, but to tell the truth, I don't even KNOW if there is such a one.

Anyhoo, does anyone know where a smiley that spits liquid/food out of it's mouth/nose could be? We could call it the Breaking Rule #1 Smiley.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
              does anyone know where a smiley that spits liquid/food out of it's mouth/nose could be? We could call it the Breaking Rule #1 Smiley.
              but it would have to spit it out on a monitor and keyboard in order to break rule #1

Comment

Check your smilies.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! It's here!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I must say, I truely enjoy all the smilies this board has. They freaking rule
                    Military Spouse Support.
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

If you need more smiley's just use the firefox browser with this extension.

Smiley Extra

I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Not sure how the firefox program works or if it overcomes transfer issues, but I've been reluctant to link to smileys elsewhere on the web because, small as they are, I gather this site would link there every time someone visits the page with the link, and I know exploiting other sites' bandwidth is frowned upon by some. Just a warning in case this board starts getting error messages or complaints related to that. Any thoughts? (Of course, a lot of us probably have unused web space and bandwidth on our own sites, but those links would compromise anonymity).
                        I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Hotlinking= BAD if that's the issue we're discussing.

As for hosting your own smilies (i.e. Photobucket, etc.) I'm not sure how Raps feels about it but obviously you should be prepared to keep them hosted for some time so we don't have a bunch of threads with red image x's in them.
                          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                          HellGate: London

Comment

I'm fairly ambivalent about people using free sites to host for images/smilies, as long as they don't result in either small red crosses or stealing someone's bandwidth without their permission. Well, also I don't want to see page upon page of smilies.

If there is one you particularly need on here - and we're talking desperately here - let us know.

Rapscallion

Comment

Could please you add this one: I'm thinking it would come in handy on here.
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X