This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Emoticons/Smileys

Can we suggest new/updated emoticons to add to the smilies list we currently have?

I have a salmon slap one -----> ttp://fc07.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2006/362/a/6/_salmonslap__by_Link3Kokiri.gif

How about a another chainsaw? ---------> ttp://fc04.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/281/1/2/Chainsaw_by_Deadman2.gif

How about a jumping on the bandwagon (good for debates) ---> ttp://fc01.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/186/b/5/_jumpingonthebandwagon__by_zacthetoad.gif

How about a laughing my a$$ off one ?-----> ttp://fc06.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/098/1/1/_lmao__by_darkmoon3636.gif

Anyone have any others that might be worthy to show Raps and/or Mods to suggest getting added?

If not maybe we can keep them here and just refer to this thread to get the links (just make sure you can link to them first) to add them to anyone's post.

p.s. I forgot one, worlds smallest violin -------> ttp://fc02.deviantart.com/images3/i/2004/115/6/1/Smallest_violin.gif
    Last edited by marlovino; 08-04-2009, 02:35 AM.
    I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Those all seem to be from deviant art. Did you create them personally? Otherwise we'd need permission from the artist before we could even start to entertain the notion of adding them.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

hmm... thats what i get for doing a post in a rush....

This is where i got them from. its an add on for firefox.

http://www.smileyxtra.co.uk/

when you pull up a smiley it shows who did it and clicking it takes you to their devianart website.

I will check to see if I/we can use these. Until then I modify the links to them
      I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

can we have the "This thread is worthless without pics" smiley?
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Smiley suggestions come up every now and then, but we already have a pretty extensive selection. Mind you, I think it was decided that we could go through and trim the less used ones a bit to make room for new ones that might catch our eye.

I am guessing that the majority of these are suggestions as updates to smileys already in use.

While I appreciate that, I have to say that I don't see how the salmon one is an improvement on what we currently have as I find it a little busy and slow to make the point.
          The smallest violin is really very small and hard to see, and I think our current violin makes the same point.
          "Laughing my ass off" I also find to be like the salmon one - a little busy and slow to make the point, and when it does get to the point, it's a bit obscure.
          We have a lot of pretty good laughing smileys right now.

We don't have a chainsaw, but we do have a woodchipper. If we had permission to use that one, would there be a big enough demand?

As for the "jumping on the bandwagon"...
          How about a jumping on the bandwagon (good for debates)
          ...we don't allow debates on this site, so that one would be a bit redundant here. Perhaps fratching?

As for the suggestion of the "This thread is worthless without pics" smiley, I believe it was that suggestion previously that prompted the discussion about cleaning house on our current smiley list.
          Last edited by Ree; 08-05-2009, 02:28 AM.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Okay then.

I did find a place that has smileys that are free to link and use. www.freesmileys.org

The mods might find a smiley that can be used to update/tweak some of the current ones.

The one I think that needs updating is this one (i keep thinking very bad thoughts when I see it ) --->
            Maybe change it with this one? --->

Here is a TMI smiley I found there for those threads that have..... um TMI --->

There are plenty of smileys, but every once and a while it would be nice to have a smiley that fits the mood. Browsing thru the free smileys site it appears it should have just about all the smileys we would ever need. We dont even need to add them to the list. It provides the forum urls you need to put a smiley (w/ linkage back to its site) in a post.

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
              The one I think that needs updating is this one (i keep thinking very bad thoughts when I see it ) --->
              Ummmm...I would really wonder about that.
              Seems innocent enough to me.

Lots of people have smiles of their own that they use in their posts.
              I know I have several hosted on photobucket.

If you prefer that hug smiley, then feel free to use it in your posts.

I like the TMI smiley.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I like that TMI smiley too . . . and we've had several threads where it would fit in nicely.

Perhaps we could take a look at the smiley collection we do have and see if we should add/delete any?
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Just when I think I've finally settled into my nice apartment here in the gutter, I find another box I haven't unpacked.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

You didn't think their was only 'one' floor to the gutter, did you?

Here is another selection, freely linkable, that I consider some of the best made smileys around. This one and several others can be found in freesmileys.org 'links' section.

Fool's House
                    http://www.foolstown.com/en/index.htm

Ill leave the links here so people can find smiley they want to use that isn't in the collection to express themselves, good or bad.

Last edited by marlovino; 08-08-2009, 06:47 PM.

Comment

You didn't think their was only 'one' floor to the gutter, did you?
                      No, I just hadn't realized it went so deep. Now, will someone please hand me a ladder?
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                        No, I just hadn't realized it went so deep. Now, will someone please hand me a ladder?
                        Too deep. You'll have to use the F-'em-lator to get up.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                        X