Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel scoffs, "Not very many Dinos can eat through solid steel. Go strength form and they won't even be able to dent us. Now fire..while I will be ok, you might have a sauna inside of me."

Anyhow, you are off to the dimension. When you arrive, you don't see the person you are after, but Sapputiyok can see a level 9 power on the horizon. As you get closer, it looks like a giant fire T-rex is facing off against a normal T-Rex (One T-Rex is actually made from fire). There is a girl there, pale and shaking, but sort of an outline of a giant female fire elemental over her. It seems her power comes from the elemental plane of fire.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Ooooooh, ," Colt breathed. "We are soooo dead. Sapputiyok, I dunno how acute your senses are, but an you detect specific life form species?"

He looked about, not necessarily worried about the T-Rex, but about the far more vicious, far more dangerous Velociraptors.

Comment

• Sapputiyok scans the nearby region for additional life forms. "Sometimes. However, I doubt I know enough about the local life forms to tell between them." Xe also scans the girl, the dinosaur, and the two fiery forms.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "Okay. So, how do you want to play this?"

Comment

• Ok the two fiery forms are definitely related. The female fire elemental is creating the flame T-Rex. The girl is somehow channeling the female fire elemental, and is semi in control of it. The normal T-rex has a low power, but that might only mean that compared to other T-rex it is a bit older and thus a bit weaker. As for life forms..there are plenty, but none that are big enough to be another dinosaur. Lots and lots of insects though. The girl herself seems to not have much power, except the ability to channel power. Oddly enough you are not convinced she is a pyrokenetic. You sense she has the ability to channel all the elements. She just might not know it yet. Fire is easier...anger, fear, or hate can fuel fire.. the other elements might be harder to channel.
            Last edited by Mytical; 08-13-2013, 05:03 AM.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Sapputiyok starts slowly picking xer way between the underbrush, heading in the girl's direction. "I suggest we approach cautiously. The young one is controlling the fire, but not creating it. If she gets distracted, we may need to protect ourselves from her... or her from the dinosaur."

Before they get within hearing distance, Sapputiyok says to Colt, "I'm going to try to talk to her. You may wish to stand back." Sapputiyok continues forward, moving into the girl's line of sight. Knowing xer blue skin and colorful clothing will stand out against the background, xe puts up a protective shield and waits for the girl to notice xer.
              "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
              -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt keeps his head and eyes on a swivel, watching out for the predator he might never see.

Comment

• With two T-Rex going at it, most other predators would keep well clear..at least until the T-Rex is done.

Sapputiyok approaches and the woman sees xer. Almost immediately the female fire elemental 'spirit' turns it's attention to Sapputiyok. The woman says "Stay back! J-ju-just stay back!" A wall of fire erupts in between Sapputiyok and the woman. She is clearly freaked out, and not thinking clearly.

Comment

• Colt groaned, "Ah, crap."
                    Still keeping his eyes peeled, he drew his rifle and rushed into position behind the girl. Once there, he took aim at the normal Tyrannosaurus and fired on what he hoped was lowest possible setting. Without waiting to see what resulted, he quickly butt-stroked the girl in the back of the head.
                    "Snatch and grab!" So saying, Colt snagged the girl by the hair and asked Steel to get them out of there and back to the Nexus.

Comment

• You get the girl back to headquarters and almost immediately Strongarm wonders why the girl is out cold. "What happened!?"

Comment

• Sapputiyok is out of breath when they arrive at the Nexus with the girl, having had to sprint to keep up with Colt. Between gasps for breath, xe says, "I can't believe you did that. We were supposed to talk to her, not hurt her!"

Sapputiyok takes a deep breath and stands tall to face Strongarm. "Colt panicked and hit her in the back of the head with his rifle before either of us had even tried to talk to her. She will probably be angry when she comes to, and rightly so."

Sapputiyok scans the girl for injuries and relaxes visibly when xe sees nothing worse than bruises.
                        -Mira Furlan

Comment

• Colt assumed his accustomed "You're Getting Chewed Out" position of "At Ease" and replied, "Sir would you like the long version or the short version?"

So saying, he explained about the location, the proximity of an enraged T-Rex, the girl's apparent state of mind, and his plan to bring her back to the Nexus where things could be discussed in a reasonable fashion as adults.

"Sir, I am neither a hostage negotiator nor a debates master. I specialize in finding persons or things, and apprehending them in such a fashion as to preserve the lives of all parties involved. I've only lost two people in my time with the Office of Bond Enforcement: one of my trainees, and my most recent subject. I was not about to lose my partner or the girl to indigenous fauna or wildlife.
                          "I will admit my actions were taken in haste, however, it appeared the T-Rex, a known carnivore, had been discounted. I was neither ready, nor willing, to see Sapputiyok lose xer life because of a mistake like that. If xe desires, I'll allow her to get herself killed that way in the future."
                          He turned to Sapputiyok. "My trainee was my niece. Haley was only 19; her whole life was ahead of her. we were on an apprehension together, I got jumped and she was shot in the back of the head. It had been a trap meant for me, but it took her life. My Sister has yet to forgive me for getting Haley killed. I will NOT lose another partner to a mistake *I* can prevent! And that INCLUDES walking into the middle of an all-out Battle Royale between a T-Rex and a fire elemental!!"
                          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 08-19-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Sapputiyok looks taken aback. "I'm... sorry. I didn't see myself to be in immediate danger, but I can understand if you thought I was. She put up the wall of fire to protect herself - she wasn't attacking me. And I wasn't anywhere near the T-Rex." Xe pauses to look at the girl. "I'm glad that we got her away from there... fairly unharmed."
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

• "And you still forget the T-Rex that was BEHIND you! 'Tiyok, does it just not register to you that a Tyrannosaurus Rex EATS tasty, crunchy, good-with-ketchup Sapputiyok snacks?!" Colt is just flabbergasted.

Comment

• Strongarm leans forward and looks at you. "I understand that. Did it cross your mind for a moment that while this girl barely had any control, that putting her out cold might just make that little control go away? That you might have been putting both you and your partner in MORE danger? That when she wakes up she might be a bit frightened and scared and might just try to burn this whole place down. So you might not only have been putting you and your partner but others as well? Look, I'm not busting your chops. You retrieved her and that is good enough for me. Just that it might be a good idea to think things through just a tad more."

He straightens up. "I do have one right up your alley though. We have a skipper. Somebody who has found the ability to travel dimensions by just thinking about it. They were last seen in 1010. This person is a psycho, so no need for kid gloves." He hands you both a photo. "Find them, and capture or eliminate them with extreme prejudice. He's already killed over 70 intelligent beings."

Comment

Working...
                                X