Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karma. Laser Guided for your Convenience.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Holy shit! My truck has a split windshield (and far lower production volume than any of the cars mentioned - so no economy of scale) - each half costs roughly $400 to replace, so 2 out of the 3 vehicles have more expensive windshields than a heavy truck. Next you're going to tell me that the battery for one of those vehicles is more than $100 (typical price for a group 31 dual-purpose).
    Admittedly those are New Zealand prices but yeah. Truck windshields I imagine are fairly basic - no rain sensors etc?
    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

My 2000 Toyota Echo's windshield cost $200 to replace with no insurance. We're looking at Arkansas, small town, and a piece of glass with no bells or sensors. I'm glad it was the front one, because the back windshield, with it's defrosting circuit could run me $500 and upward.

Mind, prices to tend upward during deer season. Either deer hitting the windows or some idiot shooting their gun from inside the vehicle without rolling the window down and/or aiming through a windshield.... Yes, some people are that rock-chewingly stupid.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
      X