This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok kid, you go right ahead and break our bathroom stall

So I'm in the bathroom today at work (grocery store job) when I hear someone enter the handicap stall next to me. No big deal, nothing unusual about that. Then the person in the stall starts singing which is how I find out it's a kid. Again, no big deal. I've heard people sing while sitting on the toilet before. What happened next scared the living daylights out of me. I don't know what the hell this kid was doing but the entire stall wall began to shake. And when I shake I mean that the force was so great that it actually unlocked the door to my own stall and you could see the wall physically shaking from the force. I don't know if this kid had some crazy super powerful kick or was using the trashcan to beat the wall but it was rather frightening and actually echoed in the bathroom. So as I'm washing my hands I'm thinking, "Okay, I'm gonna stand here and wait for this little brat to come out and tell them not to play around in the bathroom." I stand there drying my hands and hear this kid take an eternity to dry her hands, I swear she had the water running for about five minutes. She finally turned it off and thought she was going to leave but no, she turns the water back on and then proceeds to go into her little kicking spree again. I really thought she was going to kick the door off with how violently it was shaking. Still, the little brat does not come out and I get tired of waiting so I go to find a manager to come and deal with it. As I leave the bathroom, I said really loudly that the bathroom is not a playground. I couldn't find a manager so I wandered back there to see if the kid was even still there. She wasn't but she left that stall a huge mess. There were giant puddles of water covering the entirety of the stall floor with dirty shoe prints everywhere. I did get the chance to see the kid as she beat feet out of there like a bat out of hell before I could say anything.

This kid was probably around ten so definitely old enough to know better. I really wondered where the hell this kid's mother was since she was nowhere in sight while all the kid was playing around in the bathroom. Clearly, this child has never been taught anything about how to behave while in a public bathroom.

That's going to be my neighbor's kids in about 8 years.

They learn it from their parents. Mommy and Daddy go tinkle, but see a toy or something annoying on the floor, they kick it hard as they can. Usually it slams against the wall. They take a shower, but a bottle of shampoo falls down? The nerve of that bottle! They pick it up and hurl it at the wall and then put it back where it belongs.

Trust me, the kids learn it from their parents. And if they don't learn it from them, their parents make no effort to stop them when they do destructive things. They think it's "cute".

They won't think it's so cute when they get caught destroying public bathrooms or when their landlords come to inspect their apartment and see the terrifying amount of holes in the wall and cracks in the shower.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

What I would have done was watch the kid once they left the washroom then followed them until they reunited with their parents.
      I would have let the parents know what their child had just done to store property, and let them know that behaviour like that isn't accepted.

Comment

hmmmm....... im with rerant...... also i would tell them next time their child was caught there doing anything simular the child would be banned

Comment

Forget being banned; how about presenting them with the bill for repairs?

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X