Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Whatever" is one of those terms that makes me see red when I hear it.

Do you know what "whatever" really means? It's a verbal avoidance.
    It means, "I do not have the sufficient intelligence to participate in my
    half of this conversation." It's an avoidance for actually saying, "I really don't
    want to have to put any kind of effort or thought at all into a response."

I see red when I hear it.

And I can't believe how many of our allegedly "studious" and "hard-working"
    college students in my town use that expression.

But I have already cried too many tears for our future....
    Herewith, a nugget of wisdom from the very wise Mike Brady: "Alone, we can only move buckets. But if we work together, we can drain rivers."

--
    mannabozo.wordpress.com

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
      a stuffed bear, a '79 Gibson 'Flying V2' guitar, a nice collection of antique swords, and more cool, weird bits and pieces than you can shake a stick at.
      We have a stuffed bear (a toy one), stuffed deer heads, had stuffed wild cats (but not anymore). We don't have any Gibsons, but we have a Dean 'Flying V' guitar (among others). Have a few swords - wouldn't call them antique, more like decorative. Tons of tools, leather jackets, knives, firearms (both rifles and handguns), jewelry, tvs, electronics (dvd players, stereos - both car and home), DVDs, VHS and CDs.

--

After speaking to my co-worker about the whole situation yesterday, my co-worker reported that the CDLady called me rude. ME. RUDE. I told my co-worker the whole story and she just kinda laughed it off. Basically I was "rude" because she didn't like the CDs that she didn't pick out in the first place . . . gripe gripe gripe.

I've learned to never take "whatever" as an answer. Or at least warn them that "they're at my mercy."
      This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

If you're talking taxidermy, then it's usually stuffed and mounted.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Most taxidermists just mount, not stuff. At least, that's what I've heard.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
            Most taxidermists just mount, not stuff. At least, that's what I've heard.
            *said under breath* I will be good. I will be good. I will not express all the dirty thoughts that are going through my head. I will be good.....

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

On the off chance of this also sounding bad...I was wondering who was going to be the first.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                We have a stuffed bear (a toy one), stuffed deer heads, had stuffed wild cats (but not anymore). We don't have any Gibsons, but we have a Dean 'Flying V' guitar (among others). Have a few swords - wouldn't call them antique, more like decorative. Tons of tools, leather jackets, knives, firearms (both rifles and handguns), jewelry, tvs, electronics (dvd players, stereos - both car and home), DVDs, VHS and CDs.

--

After speaking to my co-worker about the whole situation yesterday, my co-worker reported that the CDLady called me rude. ME. RUDE. I told my co-worker the whole story and she just kinda laughed it off. Basically I was "rude" because she didn't like the CDs that she didn't pick out in the first place . . . gripe gripe gripe.

I've learned to never take "whatever" as an answer. Or at least warn them that "they're at my mercy."
                Actually, "whatever" means "whatever you do is not going to be right"
                "If ignorance is bliss, then I work in Heaven."

Comment

She's stupid and owns a gun. But it's anyone who doesn't own one in gun-toting america, that's the even stupidier one.
                  Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    *said under breath* I will be good. I will be good. I will not express all the dirty thoughts that are going through my head. I will be good.....

^-.-^
                    But... then you wouldn't fit in around here.
                    I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth allniter View Post
                      But it's anyone who doesn't own one in gun-toting america, that's the even stupidier one.
                      Funny, most of the people I know don't own a gun, and those that do either hunt, are in the military or need them for their jobs.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth TrainedChimp View Post
                        But... then you wouldn't fit in around here.
                        But... it's not my job to be doing the fitting in.... *snicker*

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                        X