This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugly? Wha....

Monday night a guy came in to my 2nd job (truck parts monkey) and asked for a trailer light. We didn't have it in stock so we ordered it for him. Coworker, Ron, tells him it will be in Tuesday at 4:30 PM. Guy makes a comment about knowing we get the order in at 3:30 sometimes, Ron says, yeah but 4:30-4:45 is the norm.

So Tuesday I get to work at 4:15, and I'm talking to my manager Jon at the front counter when the customer walks in. He interrupts us to ask about his light. This is the conversation that ensued.

SC: You got my light?
    Jon: Wow, you guys (meaning me and SC) look like you could be brothers.
    We both kind of laugh (I didn't really see a resemblence personally)
    Jon: Are you?
    Me: No, I don't have any brothers
    SC: And I'm an only child. Besides, I'm not that ugly.

OK, seriously, what? I don't know if he was trying to be funny or what. But even though he's been in there enough for Marcy & Steve to know him, Monday was the first he met me.

Well he certainly didn't redeem himself any.

Ron: Hey man, the order's still not here.
    SC: What, oh man when will it get here?
    Jon: Should be in a few minutes.
    SC: How long is a few minutes? Cause I came in at 2 and I've been driving around wasting time, and this town's not big enough to waste time in.
    Jon: Let me call the driver.

Driver ends up showing up at 4:40, guy gets his light and leaves. But dude? First you insult me for no reason, then I find out you showed up at 2 when you were specifically told 4:30 or later? Did you think it was going to majically fly out of my ass?

(Names have been changed to protect no one, I just like these names better)

Quoth draftermatt View Post
    That seems like a comment that should have been reserved for one of his oldest friends. I mean, it sounds like he was just joking around, but you really can't say those things to people you just met.
    Someone apparently needs to work on their social skills.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

That sounds like it should have been a joke. But if so, it should have been followed immediately by a chuckle.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

And you should have replied.....Dude, have you looked in a mirror lately?

Of course, SC's don't find it so very funny when you turn their insults around on them. They tend to get all puffy and indignant.

Comment

Trying to be funny OR expressing his displeasure at waiting so long. Either way, he's an asshat.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Looks like some people just don't have any manners.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

That was rude of him considering you've never met him before, and as for complaining about the wait time, he's a victim of his own stupidity.

Comment

"Looking at you, now I know why mom kept ME."
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I forgot to add when he said that I just kind of went
                  "Hey" kind of half joking, half shocked but c'mon. I still just...

What! I didn't take it seriously, but geez, despite what my father tells me I think I'm fairly attractive.

Comment

Working...
                  X