Me : Visa, Mastercard?
    Him : Yes.
    Me : Wait, do what?
    Him : What?
    Me : Visa OR Mastercard.
    Him : Yes!
    Me : PICK ONE.

...This happens way too much

Me : Which hospital location did you go to?
    Him : ______.
    Me : What day?
    Him : August 7th.
    Me : And you waited until now?

...That's always one of my favorites for people filing disputes for transactions from say.. oooh I don't know.. 2yrs ago. It really took you that long to notice this? (especially when dealing with money) ... and how is it you just come across this 2yrs later??

Comment

Skandranon, that was an awesome update. I can't help but wonder if the SC'll try calling your number again.

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
      I then proceeded to do the verbal equivalent of reaching into his body, grabbing a hold of the greasy, oily rag he called a soul and placed it into my crosscut shredder and danced around it performing pagan rites to ensure that his next life he'd come back as an earwig.
      That brought a tear to my eye. :sniffle: No poetry could be more refreshing to my soul...
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Wow that's nuts!

Rule #1 NEVER give out an employee's full name and/or phone number. Isn't that a liability issue??

And what the crap are these people doing up at 4:00 in the morning?? And why do they think ANYONE would be available to help them at that time? I don't know too many businesses that do have 24/7 call centers....... most of them have HOURS - and NONE of them start at 4:00 AM!

Comment

I don't know what the law is, but I do know that at my company, unless you have a work-provided or paid-for cell phone, you are not required to give it to the company. But when one person didn't have a home phone, and had a habit of not doing her work and a habit of just leaving the paperwork wherever, and wouldn't give the company her cell phone number, that really caused some problems.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I had to give my work my mobile number, cuz I don't have a landline. Correction; I do have a landline, but it's powering my internet and doesn't have a phone attached. However, after 5 years about, they know by now not to ring me up and ask me to come in without notice; I always refuse to, on the grounds that if I want overtime, I'll put my name in the book. So I never get rung up at home any more, unless it's about things like Bank Holidays.

Also, Skan and Mongo, I salute you... for being more polite than I would be at that hour. A customer would be safer poking a sleeping grizzly bear than ringing me up at 4am. I am NOT a morning person.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm with you on that Lace...ask my boyfriend what happens when you try to wake me up (at any time of day) and I'm not ready to be awake....
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
              X