This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth solar View Post
    Don't these corporate-meatheads realise that most customers hate corporate-scripted anything??
    Fixed for ya.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Not sure that Jack in the Crack qualifies as either a job or a way to make money, to be honest. Good luck!
      you would be right my good sir. im looking for another job right now. seeing as i haven't been on the schedule the last two weeks.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
        I would say that you no longer have that job...that is usually a good indication that they have let you go. At least that has been what I've seen over my years working.
        Until the day they find themselves short-handed and they call the OP and say "You haaaaave to come in today!" With any luck it will be months after the OP has moved and can say "screw you, I don't work there anymore."
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Unemployment, file for it. And when they ask why, tell them exactly what happened. That because of an irate customer (member, whatever they call it where you worked) you were fired. Depending on what state you live (If US) you should be protected under the law.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            you would be right my good sir. im looking for another job right now. seeing as i haven't been on the schedule the last two weeks.
            Nice. See if you can file for unemployment while you look. They are trying to weasle out of unemployment by not actually letting you go. There is a limit in most states as to how long they can pull that trick. Find out what the limit is and stick em with it.
            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Until the day they find themselves short-handed and they call the OP and say "You haaaaave to come in today!" With any luck it will be months after the OP has moved and can say "screw you, I don't work there anymore."
              happened three times last week. i had to tell them no once cause i would have wound up working in my wibbly wobbly sexy wexy shirt as i kept getting called in and had no chance to do laundry. if im not scheduled next week im going to see about filing for unemployment.

Comment

I am then told im fired. Because i never used the word sorry.
                Bullshit.

Even if you'd said sorry a dozen times, they most likely would've fired you.
                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  At which point you say into the phone, "I got 99 problems, but your job ain't one!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

So, they essentially fired you over failure to dot a single "i"

Wow

Good riddance, your mental health isn't worth that kind of iron-fisted nitpicking.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                      try south. like 20 miles from mexico. i moved to sierra vista to help my mom who has diabetic retinopathy and because i had no job.
                      My grandparents (dad's side) were out there homesteading before there was a Sierra Vista.

Quoth Jester View Post
                      Sierra Vista? My condolences. I spent a day there once. It took me weeks to scrub the dullness from my personality.
                      You think Sierra Vista's dull? Try hanging out in Hereford with nothing to do but harass a poor tarantula that had the bad luck to wander through my step-grandmother's yard!
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                        Bullshit.

Even if you'd said sorry a dozen times, they most likely would've fired you.
                        according to the survey rules if i said sorry even sarcastically i coudnt be fired. its why the people who cpme to work smlling like pot couldn;t get fired

Comment

If you go to rat race rebellion they have online jobs that do customer service. Apple was up today looking for chat tech support. If i knew apple I would have applied. And it was graveyard. bleh.

But they do have call center jobs and they give precedence to people with experience.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                            You think Sierra Vista's dull? Try hanging out in Hereford...
                            Hereford must be dull....I've never even HEARD of it!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Hereford must be dull....I've never even HEARD of it!
                              ... it's a one-cow town,

(watches everybody try to sight the perv angle...)
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                                ... it's a one-cow town,

(watches everybody try to sight the perv angle...)
                                ...everyone has to take turns?

My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X