This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CarcinogenCrunchies View Post
    So....the person who told me the card was stolen was apparently making things up. Why, I don't know, but I finally got a chance to ask the manager directly today. Just this morning, a woman called to request a refund, declaring that the incident was our fault. Manager declined the request, and the woman said she would be disputing the charges. Manager kindly offered to have someone at corporate get in touch with her if she would leave her contact info. This info was forwarded to the legal department. I don't know if we'll ever hear any more about it or not.
    One hopes corporate takes some action here!

Comment

So....the person who told me the card was stolen was apparently making things up. Why, I don't know, but I finally got a chance to ask the manager directly today. Just this morning, a woman called to request a refund, declaring that the incident was our fault. Manager declined the request, and the woman said she would be disputing the charges. Manager kindly offered to have someone at corporate get in touch with her if she would leave her contact info. This info was forwarded to the legal department. I don't know if we'll ever hear any more about it or not.
      So we've gone from the card was stolen to it's the gas station's fault. Yeah, that's gonna fly . . . .

/s

She could have avoided all the charges if she'd simply (aside from respecting the yellow bag) hit the gas shut off as soon as she realized the mess was being made. Then she wouldn't have wasted 30 gallons of gas, and there wouldn't have been a hazmat situation.

I hope corporate nails her to the wall, the dumb bitch.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I'm sure this is only a minor comeupance of what they've experienced in their life. Anyone who does minor things like this is also a likely canditate for Major Fails at others

Comment

Any follow-up on this?

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
            "If you can't read the sign, then how were you able to pass the written part of the driving test?"
            ans: "I passed it just fine! it was only 30 years ago!" >_>
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Nope, no camera footage at all. I guess they figure the cost of gas drive-offs is less than the cost of installing cameras outside. There are several trained on the employees from every angle, which I find rather insulting. Because of this, I'm not going to lose any sleep over the company having to take the loss. I would love to see the culprit get nailed on general principle, though.

I don't know what the laws are regarding the labeling of disabled pumps and hoses. It won't be my fault regardless, because I wasn't there at the time.
              If your store does not have "pump before pay" then there is no reason you should be looking out at the pumps at all, really. I know I only look out at pumps if we have a known repeat offender for stolen cards that we need to look for.

Besides, no cameras on the outside? They're begging to get jipped.

Cameras on employees though, THAT makes sense. I'd say about 80% of all retail theft is an inside job. I actually feel MORE comfortable with cameras on me at all times because then, if someone accuses me of something, I can prove I didn't do it on tape.

Comment

I haven't heard anything else about this, sorry. I'd love to know myself. I'll try to remember to ask my boss. Also, not all of our pumps are prepay, just the ones on the ends where we can't see the license plates clearly and they could drive away without going past the store.

Comment

Working...
                X