Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Samsung could control quality that well, phones would never break while under warranty, but would break the second the warranty expired. Warranties are for manufacturer defects, not defective customers!

I had a computer break down the day after warranty ran out and what did I do? Salvaged that puppy for the other computers and then got the hubs a new computer. One that wasn't a Hell model.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Along the lines of "They" is my personal favorite...."But that's how I always do it!!" Usually whined by Entitlement Whores trying to scam the government.
      Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        Keep in mind the S/NES had almost no moving parts. Its the mechanicals that get you ;P

Also, I wouldn't want to see the size of the cart it would take to get a Bluray game on.
        Besides the vibration motor, what moving parts does a Samsung Galaxy 3 contain?

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
          Well, its a portable device, for one. That adds all kinds of little stresses and flexes, not to mention heat differentials caused by going from hot area to cold or vise versa. On another hand, you also plug and unplug it almost every day for charging, and possibly fairly often data transfers.

Basically, there's a lot more than you'd think offhand. I realize that these things are stress tested, but once in a while you get devices that aren't up to snuff for various reasons. I deal with our companies fleet of iPhones almost every day. Usually problems are simple fixes, but I still see chargers stop working, batteries that just stop charging, speakers that decide to go silent, and screens that decide black is so awesome, that its all you should see.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
            It has millions of electrons moving around inside of it.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              It has millions of electrons moving around inside of it.
              And don't forget the hot and cold particles.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Keep in mind the S/NES had almost no moving parts. Its the mechanicals that get you ;P

Also, I wouldn't want to see the size of the cart it would take to get a Bluray game on.
                Flashcarts could do the job. And that is no excuse BTW...we're just one year away from "the future" (as the Back to the Future trilogy defined it)...we're supposed to have all this great futuristic technology for the 21st century...it needs to perform and go the distance like it!

Comment

On a side note, I've noticed that a large number of my customers who purchased Samsung devices last year are having catastrophic failures at the 13-14 month mark...so, maybe Samsung is actually building this in?
                  "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                  -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                    On a side note, I've noticed that a large number of my customers who purchased Samsung devices last year are having catastrophic failures at the 13-14 month mark...so, maybe Samsung is actually building this in?
                    I got my Samsung phone and tablet last year. If they both die on me I know who I'm blaming.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      I got my Samsung phone and tablet last year. If they both die on me I know who I'm blaming.
                      Gee, thanks Irv.

At work I haven't noticed any trends of a bunch of Samsung devices crapping out right near their warranty period. I mean sure it happens, but not on any significant level.

Part of the near end of warranty phenomenon is SC behavior. These are people who memorize to the day when their warranty is up and conveniently come up with a reason to need a replacement about a week beforehand.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Back when I was tech support I took that exact call almost every day. I rather enjoyed telling them no after a couple times just because I wanted to know at what point they would hang up and have a manager call them back just to tell them no again .

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                          Gee, thanks Irv.

At work I haven't noticed any trends of a bunch of Samsung devices crapping out right near their warranty period. I mean sure it happens, but not on any significant level.

Part of the near end of warranty phenomenon is SC behavior. These are people who memorize to the day when their warranty is up and conveniently come up with a reason to need a replacement about a week beforehand.
                          Not realising that the warranty is from the original date of sale, so the replacement technically has no warranty...

Comment

I don't know; I've had my Samsung over 2 years and the only thing that's wrong with it is whatever my dropping it has caused. There is a reason I always get whatever phone is free or a penny or whatever. If it breaks, it's not a huge loss. And I am switching to no-contract service. But I just need a phone to send texts and you know, make phone calls. I don't understand paying through the nose for a phone. If I want a computer I'll buy a computer. Of course, no offense meant to anyone here who wants a mini computer that makes calls. I'm sure you all are smart enough to get insurance and have a backup plan of some sort. I personally just don't even need a phone except for a couple of people in my life and the occasional need to call 911.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              I don't know; I've had my Samsung over 2 years and the only thing that's wrong with it is whatever my dropping it has caused. There is a reason I always get whatever phone is free or a penny or whatever. If it breaks, it's not a huge loss. And I am switching to no-contract service. But I just need a phone to send texts and you know, make phone calls. I don't understand paying through the nose for a phone. If I want a computer I'll buy a computer. Of course, no offense meant to anyone here who wants a mini computer that makes calls. I'm sure you all are smart enough to get insurance and have a backup plan of some sort. I personally just don't even need a phone except for a couple of people in my life and the occasional need to call 911.
                              One thing I found myself failing at in the past - I let the insurance go on too long. Turns out my phone insurance had a $100 deductable and I kept paying it after I was able to get one of my phone for less than $100 on EBay. Duh.
                              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                                And I am switching to no-contract service. But I just need a phone to send texts and you know, make phone calls.
                                You'll pay full price for your phone that way, but flip phones are generally a hundred bucks or less these days.
                                Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
                                X