This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth siskaren View Post

Automatic flush toilets always have a manual option for that reason. Since automatic toilets generally flush before you leave the stall, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out when it doesn't work.
    Ours literally don't have one. I work nights so I've had time to search. The sensor either goes off or you're SOL.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Our restroom is not modern enough to have automatic flush toilets. That would cost the company money, y'know. And to be fair, on one of the toilets, you have to really lean hard on the handle or it only partially flushes. But everybody who works on that floor should know that by now!

As for hovering over the seat...that's a great way to not empty your bladder completely and end up with a urinary tract infection. I've been in restrooms that are so messy I wouldn't use them unless it was an emergency, but ours at work is actually pretty darn clean, so there's no excuse for this silliness.

Maybe if they'd put the damn cell phone away they'd have a hand free to flush...
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I just sit on the damn seat. My immune system needs toughening up anyway and the odds are good that I'd come into contact with those germs anyway via people who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

I also flush, sometimes twice. Usually the autoflusher does it for me, but when it doesn't... Hey, no one needs to see that!
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Somewhere I saw an article in which a health dept tested surfaces in a number of places, including public restrooms. They said there were actually a lot more germs on the counter, the sink, the faucets, and the door handle, than on the toilet seats. Yuck.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Well that's not surprising. Penn and Teller showed that your butt has less germs on it than your hands. So rub butts with them when you see them!
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

My co-worker wants to know why guys who are over 30 years old can't manage to hit the inside of the toilet bowl when they pee.
              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                My co-worker wants to know why guys who are over 30 years old can't manage to hit the inside of the toilet bowl when they pee.
                It's the fault of women. The men are constantly told they're bigger than they actually are (by said women) so they stand further and further away until they can barely see the loo, let alone hit it.

I do of course kid. Please don't hurt me...
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

A friend of mine used to have a washbasin where the 2 handles and the spout were separate pieces, and you couldn't open the taps fully because the handles (lever sticking out from pivot point) would foul on the spout during the first turn.

There are 2 standard spacings for washbasin taps - 4 inches, and 8 inches (kitchen sinks are always 8 inches). The 3-piece tap sets are meant for 8 inch spacings. I joked with my friend that the washbasin must have been installed by a female plumber - who kept hearing from her boyfriend that this (hold thumb and forefinger as far apart as they can go, to indicate spacing) is 8 inches.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X