X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When 'NO' is not strong enough

Also why I am a terrible supervisor.

Another chatty cathy at work today. He spent a good deal of time with me, talking about his job, his house, his life, showing me pictures on his phone, his dogs, his old truck, his snowmobile. I'm pretty sure that no one has had a conversation with him in the last 6 years, such was his excitement at talking at me. Then came the conversational deal breaker:

'I had to get circumcised a couple months ago, look, I've got the before and after pictures.' as he starts looking through his phone.

No. No. Dude, seriously, NO. So I did what any quick thinking supervisor would do, I grabbed one of my guys walking by, said 'Coworker is going to have a surgery in a few weeks, he'll probably be interested in your pictures' and got the hell out. Leaving my poor coworker completely in the dark about what was about to be burned into his brain forever. All the complaints I read on here about supervisors not backing their crews, I bet none have actively shoved you in the way of the danger!

On the way home tonight he dressed me down 'I thought you told me when I first started that you would never ask me to do anything that you wouldn't do yourself.'
    'I meant things like climb something, crawl in somewhere or use some equipment. When it comes to dick pics sometimes you just got to take one for the team' I explained. We came to an agreement though, if a customer ever offers to show me pictures of her boobs I have to pass on that oppourtunity too. DEAL! So me and him are friends again.

And the clueless customer is completely clueless. Honestly I wouldn't even put this in the creeper category, he was just. No idea how to play nice with others.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

O M G!!!!!! He honestly thought you wanted to see the before and after pics of his dick?????? Who does this??? That is why no one talks to him and he latched onto you. Seriously, someone needs to tell this dude that those selfies are so not for public viewing!

Comment

Even Kimura-sensei would agree, that dude's a creeper.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm just.....

I mean, WTF, dude???
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"Sir, I don't want to see your penis. Or half of your penis for that matter."

Comment

All I can think of after reading this is, "Circumcision sale! Half Off!"

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
              Don't forget to leave a tip for the staff though.

Comment

Maybe he wanted to give you a tip.
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                  We just "slashed" our prices.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

At red checkmark we occasionally use a remote program to troubleshoot phones. If a customer has a background photo of say, a rather large naked woman, there's not a lot I can do about it.

If it's something extremely disturbing or offensive (i.e. clear evidence of criminal activity), of course I can report it and take action but aside from that, I'm pretty much stuck.

I just try as best I can to pretend it's not there.

The number of people that have some really bizarre background photos is a lot higher than you'd think.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                      At red checkmark we occasionally use a remote program to troubleshoot phones. If a customer has a background photo of say, a rather large naked woman, there's not a lot I can do about it.
                      I really hate remote access programs with no option to remove the server's wallpaper. GoToAssist was like that and let me tell you, it was hell on those slow DSL connections.
                      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I wanna say either GoToMeeting (nee Hamachi) or LogMeIn had the option to disable backgrounds automatically, simply because it meant one less huge image to download/update
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

This would be where mom's strict training on how to deal with creepers comes in, "Dude, your three and a quarter floppy just doesn't have the capacity for me."
                          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Alright folks! Several inappropriate posts have had to be deleted and multiple infractions issued, so the thread's being closed.
                            Last edited by Dave1982; 04-26-2014, 02:06 AM.
                            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                            X