This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely durable blade....

This was not really sucky, rather bizarre and creepy.
    I was busy replacing missing pricetags for wet shaving supplies yesterday, when this lady approached me.

DJ: little ol´DrugstoreJulie
    L: customer

L: Excuse me...

DJ: Hello, how may I help you?

L: I was looking for razorblades, um...because I think I might need a new one.

DJ: For wet shaving?

L: Yesyesyes, I use this, um, soap with it

DJ: Sure, for which system? *pointing to shelf with womens´razors*

L: I don´t know that. You see, I bought this razor from you about two years ago...you shave your legs with it. Now the thingy on the top, I think it is called the blade...it´s not shaving that well anymore, the hair on my legs...its kinda clogged with hair and not sharp anymore.... Um, the handle of the thing is yellow, I believe.

*no yellow colored razor in sight, I consider she might be referring to our store-brand which frequently changes designs and show her the system and a box of the matching blades...in the vain hope she might recognize the shape or something*

L: No that isn´t it.

DJ: I am very sorry that I cannot help you right now. If you can find out either the name of the system you are using or bring it into the store I might be able to find out which blades will fit.

L: So you will have blades that fit when I bring my razor?

DJ: I might, I would have to check first.

L: Will you? ohhhhh *smiles and looks at me expectanly*

DL: Sure ma´am, you bring in your razor next time and I will see what I can do.

L: Thank youuuuuuu thank youuuu so much.

I don´t know what was stranger, the idea of ONE blade in use for TWO years (the image of cut and scabbed legs with an occasional blood infection comes to mind) or the general weirdness in her manners.

She didn´t look like a druggie either (we are located right downtown).

Slightly puzzled, Julie
    Last edited by DrugstoreJulie; 05-01-2007, 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

In a word...OUCH!

If I have my blade for over a week I know that I'm ripping out more hair than I'm cutting...OUCH!

M

Did I mention "OUCH!"
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Maybe she only shaves like once or twice a year for Spring/Summer/Special Occasions?
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Well, I know its not a girl I know of....she uses a straight razor (like the ones barbers used) and a strop. Now that's talent.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

There could be reasons for this. As much as I hate it, I only shave my legs a handful of times each year with a regular razor. By doctors orders, I am not supposed to use a razor at all anymore, but how in the world can a woman NOT shave her legs ever??!!! Gross!

Any cut or opening in the skin of my legs can cause an infection that will swell my legs to unbelievable size, and could require hospitalization. Not to mention that I could bleed to death! These are the results of lymph nodes being removed due to cancer, and also being on a blood thinner medication because of a huge blood clot that was in my leg after surgery.

Normally I use an electric razor, but it just doesnt get the legs smooth like a regular razor does. Every once in awhile though, I cant stand the stubble so I pull out the old razor and pretend that my doctor didnt tell me not to.

So, as gross as not shaving often is, there could be a very good reason for it!

I think you handled a weird person very well!

Comment

What about Nair?? That's what I use and aside from a bit of a mess from trying to clean it up afterwards, that crap is awesome. No razor cuts, no wax pulls. I love!
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth DrugstoreJulie View Post

I don´t know what was stranger, the idea of ONE blade in use for TWO years (the image of cut and scabbed legs with an occasional blood infection comes to mind) or the general weirdness in her manners.

She didn´t look like a druggie either (we are located right downtown).
              Secret shopper.... *COughs and runs*

Comment

She might have better luck shaving with a rusty spoon at this point. Bleah.

Gah, who lets the hair and shave cream cake up in their razor like that anyways? Is she trying to create Emo Cousin It?

Comment

Nair would be cool, but according to the doctor it can burn the skin, which can cause infection, which will make me swell. I havent been swollen enough to have to be in the hospital ever, but I have been so swollen that I could hardly walk. Even a cat scratch or a mosquito bite can be a serious problem. I have been shaving for nearly 30 years or so though, and I rarely cut myself. Thats why I risk it when the stubble from the electric razor gets to be too much.

Comment

Nair can burn, but only if applied improperly.

Example: When my brother got married, we applied Nair to a rather sensitive place on him. None of us had actually used it before, but we figured we could read the directions. Those state to leave it on for not more than ten minutes. After seven or eight, he started to complain of an uncormfortable feeling. We VERY promptly had him wash it off adn he turned out fine. If you wanted to switch to Nair, I'd say go for a couple of minutes and see how it goes.

But it sounds like you do just fine with the razor, so why bother?

Comment

Yes, I do fine with a razor. I just dont take the risk of cuts real often. I think that if I tried to shave as often as I used to, then I would end up getting careless as it became routine again. I have a number of health problems and no insurance, so I try pretty hard to stay out of the hospital.

I dont let cancer and things get me down though, because ALWAYS there are people worse off. No matter what your problem is, you can find someone who has a suckier problem. Like not knowing how to rinse off a shaver.

Comment

Or horribly mean brothers. I'm terrified of getting married, simply cause of what my brothers will do to me to get back at what I did to them when they got married.

Glad you have good spirits. Too many of the SC's we see every day are the people who have something going on that sucks and take it out on us. Thanks for not joining their ranks....

Comment

Yowsa! That sounds terrible! I hope it cleared up ok for him.

The way I see things, we all have disabilities of one sort or another. Either someone is too short, too tall, too fat, too skinny, too stupid, too crazy, has a bad back, bad knees, bad families, etc...whatever it is, it is. We ALL have problems to deal with, and being angry and taking it out on other people isnt going to accomplish a darn thing, except to make people miserable.

I have probably been an SC at some point. I dont mean to be, but I do get frustrated with people that dont do their jobs, or dont care to even learn what it is that they are being paid to do.

I have a lot more respect for someone that works hard at flipping burgers or taking someones money than I have for some jerkwad that sits behind a desk doing nothing but thinking about how much better he is than everyone else because he has money. Most jobs are important, and we would be in a world of trouble if there werent people to do the service jobs.

I try to always treat someone the way that I would want to be treated. I know that if I am mean to someone, then it is likely that they will feel negative for awhile, and probably make other people feel negative too. If I am nice to someone, then maybe they will feel more positive, which in turn will help others to feel more positive. Its all related. Just like a relationship. Keep your significant other happy, and they are likely to keep you happy. Make that person miserable, and I can promise you that you will end up feeling miserable as well.

Comment

Quoth Hobgoblin View Post
                            Nair can burn, but only if applied improperly.
                            Actually, Nair can cause serious burns even if used correctly. I can't use it because as soon as it's applied (to my LEGS, mind you), it starts to burn painfully and causes a massive rash. It's a fairly common reaction, which is why the warnings are on the package.

That, and my hair is so dark and coarse that it only gets about half of it off anyway.

Funny story: My ex bf's mom, not the brightest lady, decided to use her daughter's Nair one day instead of shaving. Later that afternoon, she came home from work feeling ill, saying that her legs really hurt. I asked her if she'd noticed any redness when she rinsed the Nair off... and she got this stricken look and said, "You're supposed to rinse it off?????"

er..... *facepalm*
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                              Well, I know its not a girl I know of....she uses a straight razor (like the ones barbers used) and a strop. Now that's talent.
                              Egads! That made me jump just reading it. If I tried that, I could go to the beach and show off my nice bloody stumps that used to be legs.
                              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                              X