Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nair has always worked wonders for me. The only reason I don't use it as often as possible is because I hate cleaning it up.

Then again, my tolerance for pain is through the roof so I may not even notice if it's burning.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I don't see that hair on a woman makes her less attractive. Wouldn't put me off.

Rapscallion

Comment

Fun facts: Back in 1915, Harpers Bazaar had a feature with a sleeveless dress and a women with shaven armpits. For the time, the dress was pretty daring. Over the next few years as hemlines kept going up and nylons became popular, so did shaving legs as hair coming through stockings is not really attractive.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

meh. My boyfriend doesn't care whether I do or not. In summer, I do once in a while, because I like the feeling of gliding through water with nice smooth legs, but the rest of the time I'm lazy. I do shave my 'pits though, because they get itchy otherwise... but I never even GOT hair there until after I had my son at 23. *blush* And I'm gonna shut up and go sit in a corner now.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I hate not shaving...it drives me nuts. Even though I'm single and I wear jeans every day, anyway. I have pale skin and dark hair, too, so it's not real pretty. Plus it grows fast enough that I have to shave every day. I have a can of Veet but I haven't tried it yet. I like the 3-blade razors...Schick, I think. I wish they didn't cost so much, though. I'd go for the 4-blade ones but they cost even more...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My boyfriend doesn't care one way or the other, either.

And I'm lazy. I don't have time to shave my legs every day. And for some reason, it looks worse the afternoon after I've shaved than it does when I haven't for a while. My leg hair just grows to flippin' fast.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My great grandmother only had to shave her legs once, and NEVER had to do it again. Wish those genes had been passed down in the family.

(Actually, it may or may not have been because of some weird gland problem, but still...)
                Last edited by Bella_Vixen; 05-06-2007, 03:04 AM.
                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                  My great grandmother only had to shave her legs once, and NEVER had to do it again. Wish those genes had been passed down in the family.
                  Hey, we still have diabetes!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    I like the 3-blade razors...Schick, I think. I wish they didn't cost so much, though. I'd go for the 4-blade ones but they cost even more...
                    The 3 blade razors are "teh bomb." Like an idiot, I was buying the more expensive blades for the Venus Vibrance (the one that buzzes. It makes the hairs stick up and shaves better) for months before it occurred to me that the blades for the regular Venus probably fit since it was the exact same razor but without the battery power. They do. And they cost less, even though technically they are the same blades.

"You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I've tried Nair and some other creams but they never really worked...

What I DID try and DOES work (for me at least) is...

Magic Shaving Powder.

I shit you not. I read about it somewhere and so I decided to try it.

Mix a little bit of water into it so it makes a paste and put it on your legs and *ahem* Other regions *ahem*, wait about 7 minutes, then wipe off.

Smells but works like a charm. I don't have razor burn and I don't itch like crazy in *ahem* other regions *ahem*.

You can get it at CVS, Rite Aid, stores like that.

Comment

My secret to no razor burn in sensitive places? Hair conditioner left on while I shave legs and pits, then Coochy cream from a "Slumber Party". Yay, no rash!

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                          Like an idiot, I was buying the more expensive blades for the Venus Vibrance (the one that buzzes. It makes the hairs stick up and shaves better) for months before it occurred to me that the blades for the regular Venus probably fit since it was the exact same razor but without the battery power. They do. And they cost less, even though technically they are the same blades.

yes, those are interchangeble, a lot of shaving systems can work with cheaper blades from the same manufacturer.
                          I have a WilkinsonProtector myself, and the pink "girl" blades (which come in packages of 5 blades) are exactly the same as the blue "boy" blades (which are somewhat cheaper per blade since they come in packages of 10)...just a different color
                          I have passed this info on to quite a few female customers already, mainly because we frequently run out of the pink ones.
                          not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                            Omfg that thing wins. I use electric shavers to trim my facial hair (read: sideburns and lip hair, unfortunate medeteranian genes and such) but for the eyebrows? Dear lord I'd ask for nothing else. Do they make replacement blades for it or do I just have to buy a new one? Becuase mine doesn't cut as well as it used to with a fresh pair o batts.

Yeah you can buy replacement blades. I think they have a website.... just look on the side of the thing - I think it has the name on it..... if not, go to Walgreens, find out what it's called, and look for a website from there I can't remember exactly what it's called either!

Comment

Take it from my ex-wife, or actually from me hearing the scream and dive into the shower that she made during her experimentation with a new 'shaving' product.

When the directions say not to put the product in sensitive areas, DO NOT PUT 'EM THERE!

Veet and bikini area's do not mix well.

Neither do wives with chemical burns and laughing husbands.

No, she wasn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

I guess I'm not either.
                              This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                                if you have a sensitive schnoz like I do.

HAHAHAHA Blas you make me laugh out loud more than any other poster on this entire site... schnoz...hahaha I love it Veet works very well on K (he is 1/2 danish and looks like an italian but dont tell him that), I cant use nair but have used veet. Both give me a rash but the veet is fair kinder. Im with you blas, if I have to be hair free, then so does anyone im in contact with, that even goes for armpit hair (GRROSSSSS)

You can get a product called "silky mitt" and it looks like a sandpaper mitten, you "rub" the hair off your legs and exfoliate them at the same time.
                                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                                X