This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pinkie View Post
    I have a bear my sister gave me for Christmas 20 years ago. ..........
    It's spooky how similar this is to me and my teddy bear =P I got a big christmas teddy bear with a beanie and scarf for christmas maybe 10 years ago. Mine's also Ted E Bear, lost his beanie and scarf, been sewn up a few times, and through the wash quite a few more.
    Aside from your being married with a kid it sounds like our teddy bear situations are identical
    Re: Quiche.
    Pie is manly.
    Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
    Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
    So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

Hey hey hey I am a grown woman!!! not a man... im going back to pleating mothers new skirt...

Comment

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone! I've got a stuffed donkey named Dawn (no clue why) that I got years ago for Christmas. Mostly, she's just stays on the bed next to my pillow. But when I'm sick, that's when I need her. She saw a lot of use when I had pneumonia.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          a yellow duck on the dashboard, and others that live in various little cubby holes in the car: a little elephant named Skinny, a Happy Meal toy dog, and the deadly poisonous rattle dog (a little pink dog named Puddles, according to its tag, with a rattle in its butt) . All of my lost and found animals live in my car, along with a beanbag chihuahua my mom found in Gettysburg and a much-faded crab an ex got me in Ocean City, Maryland.
          Wow, thats an impressive haul.
          ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
          Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

I have a teddy bear that I've had since I was 2. His nose is smooshed, and he has one arm a different colour to the other. I have no idea why. You can wind him up and he plays a lullabye. I don't sleep with him, but I have to have him in the room with me. I'll never give him away
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I have a teddy bear that I have had for almost 20 years that I sleep with. Becky has no nose anymore. My sister has a bear named Pinky that I named when she was born. Pinky will be moving in with her when she gets married. Pinky by the way is no longer pink. My sister's fiance name his bear Pinky Jr. not realizing that the original was pink at one point. They switch bears when they travel alone.

At my store we have a lot of lost glasses, but rarely are they the ones people are actually looking for. People will also leave entire bags full of items that they have just bought.
              I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                Glad to hear that I'm not some kind of freak because I'm a grown man who has a binkie.
                I am male too. I only have one stuffed animal. It is a 12" tall brown bear , that I got 24 years ago when I was born.
                I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Last time I saw snoopy (my fiancee and I live in different states so we switched stuffed toys) she was stained black from his sheets.

"she's so old and delicate, I'm afraid of washing her."

He's so cute.
                  "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                    Well, my point is: when something is THAT important to you, how could you not notice its gone within minutes?
                    I take a sketchbook everywhere with me. I mean like everywhere I will not be standing the whole time. If I go to the grocery store, it's in the car. Anywhere else is fair game. The only time it's not with me is if I go out on a date, and even then some guys like it when I bring the Sketchy. If I leave it somewhere I know within ten minutes and go sprinting back to claim it.

I did manage to lose one once, on a flight between London and Chicago. I can't even remember now what I'd drawn in it, just that I'll never know what I lost. I only realized it was gone when I'd gotten into the cab and reached for it. NEVER put ANYTHING in the seatpocket in front of you on a plane!!
                    "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

I have a beige/green afghan that's nearly 30 years old now. It's been everywhere--vacation, grandma's house, the hospital, car trips, etc. and is in pretty poor shape right now. However, I just can't bear to toss it out, even though some of the yarn is unraveling so for now, it's for the kitty to curl up in.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Our lost and found has a stuffed purple cat that a kid left behind two months ago. It's the kind of stuffed animal that looks WELL loved (I know what well loved stuffed animals look like... my snoopy is trashed ).

The sad thing about it is we've called the people that stayed in the room and apparently they're "feuding" with the parents of the owner of Purple Cat so they refuse to pay to mail it back or even give us the owners' info.

...I really hate people sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                        X