• Show
Clear All

The Idea Customer...

Has good hygene.
    Is polite.
    Speaks clearly.
    Listens.
    Believes what they are told.
    Knows what they want, or how to describe what they want.
    May ask to have the ruled bent, but will accept when they are not, and will not ask again.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      The Idea Customer...

Has good hygene.
      Is polite.
      Speaks clearly.
      Listens.
      Believes what they are told.
      Knows what they want, or how to describe what they want.
      May ask to have the ruled bent, but will accept when they are not, and will not ask again.

^-.-^

You have summed the perfect one for me.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

-Actually goes and looks for items before asking somebody for help
        -Says "please" and "thank you."
        -Does not get annoyed when I try to walk them to the product they want; I am required to do that
        -If being sucky (yelling at me, summoning me by whistling, calling me an idiot and claiming to know "the law", etc), keels over and dies right in front of me.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I have several good customers:
          - they are organized before they call
          - identify themselves before proceeding ("Hi it is Mike" doesn't help me much on the phone)
          - understand the basic concepts of travel and don't argue with me about it
          - send me a postcard or a thank-you card if I did a lot of detail work
          The great ones (even the ones I only see once a year for their annual trip):
          - stop by to say hi, show me baby pictures, ask how I am
          - refer people to me and call to give me a "heads up" with the person's quirks
          The really great ones:
          - stop by and give me plants or flowers for no particular reason, just it is spring and they remembered all the work I did for them 6 months ago and remembered I liked gardening

Comment

My perfect customer...

- is clean
            - and polite
            - knows which beer they want
            - doesn't get snotty because I can only sell them two beers (ballpark policy)
            - doesn't get mad that they can't have the bottle cap (ridiculous ballpark policy)
            - doesn't wait until the minute I turn around to restock my cooler to want a beer
            - tips well

Comment

A few qualifications that leap to the fore:

Listens.
              Speaks clearly and intelligently.
              Has some idea of what they want.
              Takes responsibility, especially when the evidence is irrefutably against them.
              Doesn't tell me about their family woes and doesn't expect me to be fascinated by them.
              Doesn't think that when there are no customers at the kiosk and I'm trying to do the mounds of paperwork, I'm fair game for a long chat that involves nothing about our products.
              Remembers when their bill is due.
              Actually reads their bill.
              Understands that when we require a security deposit, it's because they have lousy credit and not because we're out to make life hard for them.
              Can wait without cursing.

Comment

I was actually lucky enough to have GOTTEN the perfect customer at the bar I used to work at. I mentioned him on an old incantation of the bored. He was just hilarious and sweet and really generous. He would come in and place a to go order with me, something like an order of chicken tenders and a beer for the wait. His tab would be $10 or so. He would tip me at least $150, sometimes more. He tipped me $500 the week of my birthday and during one of the playoff weekends (football) when a large table of people he knew were trying to hassle me about their bill (30 people over the course of twelve hours, bill was over $1000), he just handed me his credit card and covered the entire thing. AND tipped me like 75% or something.

He was just a guy that had money and took care of people that took care of him. And he was gay so I know he wasn't trying to get into my pants! He lived above the bar and wasn't there much, so he even gave me a key to his condo and let me crash in his guest room whenever I didn't feel like walking or cabbing it all the way home.

He was the coolest guy EVER. I miss him lots!
                "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Is laid back... ( We're a convience store, relax!)

Doesn't act indiffierent when I ask them how their day is going.

Does not freak out when I don't have their cigs. ( Popular little place, we seel out of the pop. brands alot.)

Comment

I like my customers to tell SC's common sense.
                    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

My dream customer takes "No" for answer and accepts full responsibility for their screw ups.
                      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

My ideal hotel guest realizes that I did not clean the room, construct the building, that I am not personally responsible for all the motorcycles gunning their engines in the parking lot, that I did not design the parking lot, that I did not assign them a room with a leaky roof on purpose, that I did not sneak in while they were out and clog up the sink or toilet, that I have no say over what the rates are, and that I did not set the sales tax -- and therefore screaming at me personally about any of these or other issues is not going to fix the problem or make me care about fixing their problem.
                        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
                        X