This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
    In a few years, take the time to listen to all the lyrics. That song is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Or maybe I'm just insane.
    Actually that annoying song can be used as a form of torture also. I worked with a coworker who loathed that song and hearing one lyric drove her mad. If she ever got on my nerves all I had to do was start singing. Also did it for my own sick pleasure.

Now if you want to annoy customers who complain about loud, might I suggest Soundgarden and Alice in Chains or KMFDM? Bonus points for using KMFDM on elder complainers. I should also add Aphex Twin's stuff to the list. Go with the songs Omgyjya Switch7, Gwely Mernans, Mt.Saint Michel mix, or Gwerek2.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 05-19-2007, 02:45 AM.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post

Now if you want to annoy customers who complain about loud, might I suggest Soundgarden and Alice in Chains or KMFDM? Bonus points for using KMFDM on elder complainers.
      I suggest digging up the recordings of a punk band called Deep Wound, which contained members of Dinosaur Jr. Basically banging on a drum really fast accompanied by drawn-out feedback screeches and Tourette's patient vocals. Good for clearing out a room.

I used to listen to way too much of that kind of music.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IPF, might I suggest this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=XG4JqP3AnXo A cookie to anyone who can last through the whole song.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Of course, to play devil's advocate here, I have to point out that every once in a blue moon you do get one or two places who seriously have their music up too loud. There's a store at our mall I don't go to specifically because I have hypersensitive hearing and the place can be heard two shops down, so being in there would be literally painful.
          Luckily my problem is rare.

Oh, and there is a shopping center near here where the whole parking lot and every outdoor patio is subjected to very LOUD Muzak/ elevator jazz. I don't know one person who shops there who thinks that's a good thing. You have to go into stores, to escape the hellish noise.
          "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

There's a store like that in the mall i work at, called Hollisters. They sell clothes mainly geared towards teenagers. Anyway, it is so loud in there i don't know how they can hear themselves think. I can't imagine what it must be like to work there.
            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I've had that at my store. Some lady complained TWICE that it should be turned down, and it was barely audible even the first time she complained.

Seriously. It's a freaking grocery store. Don't go there if you have:

1. A hangover

2. Expect everything to be perfect

3. Expect everything to revolve around you

Comment

i work at an Applebee's, many people complain about the music, the lights and the air. Our district manager marked the spot where all should be on the dials. The managers do tell people that they are at the spot that they're supposed to be at. Seriously, if you get cold easily take a sweater to any restaurant don't expect us to sweat our asses off b/c you get cold easily!

Comment

Katie, I think Hollister is some kind of branch or "sister store" to Abercrombie. Same type of cheap clothes made in 3rd world countries that will form holes in 2 washings but cost half of your monthly rent to buy them.

Their music is way, way too loud. And it's awful music, too.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

When I was in Key West a while back, I stopped in the Margaritaville Cafe and then the t-shirt shop. The guy running it told me that he has indeed had customers who come in, then complain about the music! All they play in there is Jimmy Buffett music, and people complain about it. Why the hell do they go in there? And, when they do go inside, do they expect to hear Barry Manilow or Mel Torme'?

Comment

Quoth Zell View Post
                      1. A hangover
                      Which reminds me of a story from McD's.
                      It must've been the morning after prom, cause about an hour into my shift, just as it was getting light out beyond the windows, three girls in dresses come in, one with her hair up, the other two looking a bit dissheveled. They order breakfast-y stuffs, and coffee, I think.
                      But anyway, about twenty minutes after they've sat down to eat, I needed change for some reason. I grab a roll of nickels or whatever, and whack them against the counter, as was my habit for opening those damn things at the time. The girls suddenly look up like I was about to kill them or something, and go, "Quieter?"
                      'Well, I could be, but, I'd rather not. Hung over as well as partied out? My heart would go out to you if you weren't the type of girls who were so freaking popular.'
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                      X