Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phenomenal stocking power, itty bitty workspace!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenomenal stocking power, itty bitty workspace!

"Why can't I get this open?"

The NOVA snack bar was a tee-tiny place. Once upon a time, it had been big. There'd been a grill and a fryer. Then the college wanted a fitness center. So we lost 9/10 of our space. Half of our stock coolers were outside the actual snack bar kitchen. They all had locks, but that didn't stop a few people.

Tugger- Customer who doesn't get it
    Me- Obvious

Tugger: *trying to yank open a cooler* HEY! YOU! LADY!
    Me: *cramping, feeling like crap* Can I help you sir?
    Tugger: I wanna put my lunch in here! Why won't it open?
    Me: It's locked.
    Tugger: Unlock it!
    Me: It's a stock deep freezer.
    Tugger: SO!?
    Me: Okay, your food's gonna be a brick though.

Tugger #2: Hey! I need to store this for the staff party!
    Me: Okay.
    Tugger #2: So could you open the cooler?
    Me: I'm sorry, but that's for stock only, there's no room in there right now.
    Tugger #2: I don't care. Make room!
    Me: I'm afraid I can't do that.
    Tugger #2: The dean's gonna shut you down!
    Me: He can't. We're an independant business.

Tugger #3: The water in that cooler's warm!
    Me: Hang on, I'll get you a cold one. *check the front cooler, it's as full as I made it two hours ago* The ones over here are cold!
    Tugger #3: But I want the ones over here! You keep the best ones for you, don't you?
    Me: Where'd you get that one from, sir?
    Tugger #3: The one in the cooler with the padlock!
    Me: I just put those there to stay cold until there was room in the public cooler. If those are the best ones, why are they warm?

"Your Music is TOO LOUD!"

As I have said, I used to play my geek music behind the counter on my alone days. I'd keep it down to where I could hear it behind the counter and maybe around the front while stocking. So one afternoon, I'd brought in Evanescence "Origin" to change it up a bit. I was having a grand old day, making sandwiches and humming along.

A bit of background...

The snack bar had a door and a gate. The door locked and couldn't be opened from the outside. To make life easy, we left it open during service hours. People would walk in blindly from time to time, especially at the beginning of a new session. But in the event that anyone tried to come back there without permission, we were under orders to punt them out.

Now, a very quiet chorale-style song is on, it's very pretty and soft and I'm resting my weary feet by the register and behind the door, when it swings back and whacks me in the head. A woman has just come around the corner and starts to berate me for my loud music.

Me: But, ma'am, the volume is down. I can barely hear it.
    SW: TURN IT DOWN NOW! IT'S SICK HOW YOU TEENAGERS THINK YOU CAN JUST DEAFEN THE WORLD!
    Me: *shuts off the CD player*
    SW: That's BETTER!
    Me: *wait till she's gone, turn it back on, crank it up out of spite*

Quoth TwoScoopsSciath View Post
    Me: Okay, your food's gonna be a brick though.
    Maybe he watched that old episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents where the woman killed her husband with the frozen leg of lamb? After she knocked him over the head she cooked it and fed it to the police officers who were investigating his death.

BTW~ I love Aladdin.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

dude what was that lady? a dog???? oh and the freezers guys are college students right? sounds like alcohol based brain cell death

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post

BTW~ I love Aladdin.
        Not my favorite, but that was a wonderful line.

Comment

Working...
        X