This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This might count as a sighting...

I am engaged to an apprentice electrician. He's very good at his work, but he always ends up with the worst SCs. He came home today and related this little gem to me.

He's working on a construction site on a house of some kind. Wiring the place for lighting and cable and such. Unfortunately, the customer, who apparently has NO background in construction, is trying to dictate the way the site is run. Take this exchange...

SP-Sweetie Pie, my darling future mate and king of the wirestrippers.
    DF-Dumb Fish, the SC

DF: Hey! Working pretty hard, huh?
    SP: *grunt* (That's verbose for him on the job)
    DF: Sooooo, you think you guys'll be done by the end of the month for my party?
    SP: Nope.
    2 hours later
    DF: Hey! How's it coming
    SP: *grunt, snort* (A veritable font of conversation and wit, isn't he?)
    DF: Soooooo, think you'll be done in time for my party?

And, to put the cream and cherry on this one, apparently the carpenter and someone else stayed on the site to make him feel safer while he was on vacation. Six months later, not so much as a thank you.

I'm currently the Facilities Manager for a music company. I get this attitude all of the time. I've had department heads that decide that they can give me a timeline but the problem is that they have no idea what needs to be done and in what order or how long things actually take. I had one department head who wanted me to get the roof fixed (which is the landlords responsibility) and he wanted it done in (and the floor painted) in a weekend. He gave me about a weeks notice. I don't know if any of you know what it takes to repair a roof or strip, paint and seal a floor but since I don't have a crew, I need about a month or two (not to mention the corporate BS with regards to Purchase Orders, bids, etc.). Anyway, sorry about the rant.
    "If ignorance is bliss, then I work in Heaven."

Comment

Took six months to convince the higher ups to move the oven around so we'd stop roasting alive since they installed that godawful wall.

Please insert as many expletives between Godawful and wall as you deem necessary. Then add summore. More than that. Waaaaaay more. Now spit a little. Now pop that giant veing throbbing on your forehead.

There.

The kicker is that once convinced, it took thirty minutes to call Ohmega, have then arrive here, move the oven, rewire it all and leave.
      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Ah construction idiots. Sad thing is it's not just homeowners, but contractors too.

Comment

Working...
        X