This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cunning Stunts

Okay, what's the craziest thing you've ever seen somebody do at your place of employment.

For me, it would have to be the kid who hopped on a display bike and took it for a ride throughout the store, popping wheelies and such, until he bashed into an endcap, knocking everything off it, and then he ditched the bike and ran.

I'm also told one time a bunch of kids went pushing themselves around in shopping carts around the parking. The person who told me this didn't see it happening; he was just told to go outside and tell the kids to stop. The kids were gone by then, but there were three shopping carts overturned in the parking lot.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Lol. Off topic, but I believe the title is a Metallica album.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Not a lot of stunts, per se, in the bookstore but the Heelies kids liked to skate down the ramp on the side of the cafe...then they would shoot out into the aisle next to a blind corner and get yelled at
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Not a lot of stunts, per se, in the bookstore but the Heelies kids liked to skate down the ramp on the side of the cafe...then they would shoot out into the aisle next to a blind corner and get yelled at
        I hate those things. I have to restrain the Fist of Death everytime I see them(Heelies, not kids).
        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

I was at the mall yesterday, and saw a kid with heelies. He wheeled himself over to his dad, who must have told him not to heelie in the mall, because he then walked back to where he had come from.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Craziest thing that ever happened at my workplace (to date anyway) was when one of the summer help broke into the plant on a Saturday night and ran the forklift around and around the place until he rammed it into a room-dividing door (like a garage door on tracks). Apparently he was pretty drunk. After he crashed the forklift he took off and left all the lights on as well. When he came in on Monday he voluntarily confessed to the whole thing. He said he was upset because the production manager wouldn't let him run the forklift.

This is the same guy who threatened to blow up the plant a couple of years later and finally got fired. Don't ask me why they didn't fire him after trashing the forklift. I guess it wasn't a big enough infraction or something.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              I'm also told one time a bunch of kids went pushing themselves around in shopping carts around the parking. The person who told me this didn't see it happening; he was just told to go outside and tell the kids to stop. The kids were gone by then, but there were three shopping carts overturned in the parking lot.
              I have to confess that I did this once, when I was 17 (and really drunk). We only stopped when one of the trolleys hit a curb and sent the passenger flying.

It was 3am though. We never would have done it if people/cars were in the carpark.
              "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
              "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                Lol. Off topic, but I believe the title is a Metallica album.

Close. A concert in Fort Worth. May 9-10, 1997.

I have the video; am lusting for the DVD.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  I was at the mall yesterday, and saw a kid with heelies. He wheeled himself over to his dad, who must have told him not to heelie in the mall, because he then walked back to where he had come from.

^-.-^
                  woo hoo! someone give that dad an award!
                  Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                    Close. A concert in Fort Worth. May 9-10, 1997.

I have the video; am lusting for the DVD.

You know, you COULD'VE mentioned that when I asked you what you wanted for your birthday...
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      In VT, sometimes the snowbanks can be quite high in the store parking lot. I watched a few kids doing the same thing, only one of the kids would push the cart at full force into the curb so that the passenger was sent flying into a snowbank while the third kid recorded it on video.

I wonder if it ended up on YouTube. It would be interesting to see the outcome.

Comment

Um, go through 14 bottles of beer within a couple hours? At least he bought a pretzel with each couple beers. Didn't tip though. Jerk. Scary part was, I saw him after he was done and you still couldn't tell he was drinking.

Other than that, I can't think of anything recent.
                        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Well, I already posted a story about a strange thing that happened, where another customer stole a customers car and took it for a joy ride. Luckily they returned it after their fun.

Then there was a ten year old boy feeling the bra's not this is normal for ten year olds to do but he was also jacking off with one hand and feeling the bras with another. The person in the department asked him to leave.
                          Last edited by mafiagodfather; 07-08-2007, 04:35 AM.

Comment

At my old office we had a hobo climb up to our balcony ( Which for the record is 2 stories up so he must have shimmied up a drain pipe or something ), walk in the balcony door ( its not locked till the evening ) then wander our office asking people if we had seen or could help him find his ferret. RCMP were duly summoned.

At my old office I played phone barrier to nutjob that was trying to tell me that a client's wife was plotting to kill him, then her, then herself. She called all night like every 10 minutes. RCMP were duly summoned. Then returned again the following day to pick up my call transcribes, records, etc after they picked her up.

At my new office, on graveyard, we had some nutjob wearing nothing but a hospital gown and bleeding from a head wound wander into the lobby after my coworker before the security door closed. RCMP were duly summoned.

At my new office, on graveyard, my coworker called 911 to report one of our security guards failing to check in. Then the guard checked in just as he called 911. So he hung up. You don't call 911 and hang up. RCMP were duly summoned. My coworker profusely stammered apologies to Officer #1 while Officer #2 cheerfully searched our entire office "for bodies" as he put it.

At my old and new office we had one guy work there, strange little Chinese guy. He would periodically dress exactly like one other random coworker. He would also attempt to ask out every female employee. Then he began following them home. Then one night he joked to me about how he wanted to just walk in here one day with a shot gun. I passed that tidbit along to HR and he was verbally lashed and demoted. Oddly he kept his job.

Then he began trying to do everything possible for the company to the point of annoying us all. So the network admin gave him random nonsense tasks to do "just to keep him happy" like telling him to tighten all the case screws on every computer in the office or go around to every computer, start and application and make sure the HD wasn't making funny noises. He did all these tasks quite happily and reported them in meticulous detail in emails to the rest of us.

He came with us to the new office ( we had a merger ). At this point he became even stranger as he now had a whole slew of new female employees to harass.

A couple months later he began cross dressing and declared himself a woman. Now he could creep out the male employees too. He began acting not like an actual girl but what he thought an actual girl would act like based on a combination of I'm guessing Gap commercials, Teen magazines and reruns of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

The longer this went on the more bizzarre it got. he began wearing skimpier and skimpier slut outfits (<shiver>). More and more make up ( Including stuff like glitter on his cheeks and eyelids ) and more and more of his panties/thong showing with each passing week.

He began asking blissfully unaware new female employees for tampons.

He began regaling us with tales of how he also babysits and how the kids found his massive vibrator/dildo collection and he had to ward them off by calling them "Auntie D's special toys."

He began telling new employees he thought he was pregnant.

He had fake strap on breasts but he never could get them right. He always had them on too high, too low or crooked. Sometimes he would install fake nipples. The nipples would be either right on the top, right on the bottom ( like udders ) or completely uneven.

He was eventually fired when management decided even political correctness didn't serve as an excuse not to can him anymore.

He then got a job at the office downstairs from us in the same building. I have a friend that works there, so she kept me updated.

He began wearing his jeans 5 inchs too low with a thong 5 inchs too high. He always wore skin tight belly shirts and high heels to go with it. Sometimes he would wear miniskirts that were, as she put it, "So short you could actually see his balls poking out from below the hem.".

He was fired from there for excessive testicle exposure.

Last I heard he got a job at Telus ( phone company here ) but I have no friends there so I don't know what became of him. I'm sure he's been fired by now.

Soooo....top that. -.-
                            Last edited by Gravekeeper; 07-08-2007, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                              He was eventually fired when management decided even political correctness didn't serve as an excuse not to can him anymore.
                              Heh, I thought you were going to say he was fired for stealing a paper clip, or something!

Mike

*Goes back to rapidly repeating "Cunning Stunts" out loud*
                              Last edited by JustaCashier; 07-08-2007, 05:07 AM. Reason: Corrected typo
                              Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                              X