This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    Actually, there are. Except for the yellow skin, that is. They all live in West Virginia
    WHat? No jaundice in the home of moonshine?

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
      6. The show has been on the air for over ten years and no character has aged.
      Coming up on eighteen years, actually. Bart was Generation X when the thing started. The no-aging thing is getting a little complicated, seeing as wereas Homer hasn't been aging, Grampa Simpson has, seeing as he's a World War II vet and really can't have been born any later than 1929.
      Last edited by Sofar; 08-07-2007, 08:35 PM.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
        It looks NOTHING like Moes Tavern.
        Then I'm not going to your bar.

So there.

Neener.

Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

The Simpsons? Not real?

D'oh!
          This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
            It looks NOTHING like Moes Tavern. It had a renovation a couple of years ago and it looks pretty upper class and modern, bright lights, plasma screens, and marble surfaces.
            Does it have bunnies hanging from the ceiling?
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
              6. The show has been on the air for over ten years and no character has aged.
              Lisa did, in fact, celebrate her 8th birthday early on. Does that count for anything?
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                Does it have bunnies hanging from the ceiling?
                What about the eye thing?

Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                  Wonder if she thinks gilligan's island is a documentary about a lost tour group
                  Actually, Sherwood Schwartz (the creator of Gilligan's Island) stated that while the show still was in production in the mid sixties, he received several telegrams and letters forwarded from the Coast Guard written by people demanding the government step in and try to find the castaways. He was dumbfounded that anyone took the show to be reality.
                  "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                  .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                    Actually, Sherwood Schwartz (the creator of Gilligan's Island) stated that while the show still was in production in the mid sixties, he received several telegrams and letters forwarded from the Coast Guard written by people demanding the government step in and try to find the castaways. He was dumbfounded that anyone took the show to be reality.
                    The sixties was a more innocent time in many ways. Television was only about ten years old, and technology in general was even more misunderstood by the general public than it is today.

But still.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      I'm actually surprised that these people haven't complained to their TV stations complaining that there aren't disclaimers on cartoons
                      they do put disclaimers on cartoons, infact bevis and butthead had a problem with kids going out and setting things on fire and doing stupid shit, so they would say this is a cartoon, bevis and butthead are not real, dont do this at home kind of thing at the beginning, and now on adultswim they have violence disclaimers in the beginning of some shows. im sure there are more out there
                      Quoth tendomentis View Post
                      That's how I know that Kermit IS real and that he DOES have a soul and that Kermit WILL go to heaven when he dies and that Kermit won't EVER die...
                      man kermie is my bud, and he does have a soul, and will also live forever, btw i just turned 32, and when i was 22 i actually cried when santa didnt come. which i still get laughed at by my parents.
                      Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                      Lisa did, in fact, celebrate her 8th birthday early on.
                      and maggie actually said her first word a few years back, but i dont recall her saying anything since, but then again that was about the last time i actually watched the show on a regular basis.
                      Last edited by Ree; 08-11-2007, 01:38 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting
                      "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Lisa did, in fact, celebrate her 8th birthday early on. Does that count for anything?
                        Bart and Lisa have actually celebrated their 10th and 8th birthdays, respectively, quite a few times. I'm glad cartoon characters don't age. That would be so depressing!

But that customer? Stupid beyond belief, that's all I can say.
                        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Heck, didn't they both graduate from their respective grades? (leading Bart to kiss his teacher ^_^)

I can't help but like the idea of the characters ageing, atleast depending on how it's done; like in Dragonball, seeing Goku grow from being an innocent, yet wild, little boy, to wisened.. and still wild.. grandfather. Meh, boys will be boys, no matter their age.
                          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
                            Heck, didn't they both graduate from their respective grades? (leading Bart to kiss his teacher ^_^)
                            I got no explanation for Bart, but I think Lisa downgraded of her own free will because she was too smart to be a second grader, but too average to be a third grader, her ego didn't take it so she bumped her own self back to second grade.

As for Fiction =/= reality, anybody remember the War of The Worlds Radio show and the pandemonium it caused?

Feel free to correct me if I got the title wrong.
                            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

As for Fiction =/= reality, anybody remember the War of The Worlds Radio show and the pandemonium it caused?

Feel free to correct me if I got the title wrong.
                              You're absolutely right. Back in 1938, Orson Welles's reading of it was so chilling, so convincing, that the country went nuts!!
                              "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth tendomentis View Post
                                That's how I know that Kermit IS real and that he DOES have a soul and that Kermit WILL go to heaven when he dies and that Kermit won't EVER die...
                                Agreed. Kermit is a personality all his own, so to say he isn't real or doesn't have a soul is full of it.
                                I AM the evil bastard!
                                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                                X