Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would've called your manager and had him bring a copy of your fliers, catalogs, Office Depot "Branded" folders, and anythign else with the logo and watched the putz slink away in embarassment

Comment

What was he expecting? You to say ' You've caught me sir! My little joke. Let me show you to the power tools!' Just because he yelled louder and called you a retard?

Comment

Yeah,

He continued to go on and on about how he was in Home Depot instead of Office Depot and eventually I had to stop him and tell him, "Sir if you can find any peice of wood or board that we sell individually I'll be more than happy to give you a free soda for your achievements because you're not in Home Depot, and I don't work there. If you wish to argue I'm afraid I don't have the time so carry on and have a nice day."

Eventually he comes back and demands a free soda because technically our furniture section constitutes lumber. I had informed him that I mentioned specifically sold individually and he goes, "Well if you take them apart they are individuals and they do come packaged individually." I just shook my head and walked away pulling on my hair.

Comment

SC: No I'm in the right store, you're just a retard.
          "Takes one to know one. HERE'S YOUR SIGN!"

That man is working with power tools?
          He's probably the reason why there has to be so many different warnings on them. Like "The thingy on the end of the drill goes into the piece of wood you want to put a hole in. Not your head."
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
            It's pretty scary when people are that clueless....and then refuse to admit they made a mistake!

Me, i've done stupid things in my time, adn when caught in my stupidity, i will just laugh it off. I must admit i am guilty of asking where things are in a store, esp. if I'm really tired, and just don't feel like looking, or have looked half-heartedly. That's ALWAYS when the assoc. will point out its right in front of me! I will just laugh at myself and apologize.
            Yep! I've done that. Usually because my brain's just fried. But sometimes I think I have a little pixie on my shoulder that arranges these things. Just like I know, when I finish knitting this pair of socks, the first sock I knit (I'm supposed to be on the second sock) will reappear right after I put this box in the mail.
            Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth PriceytheCashierKing View Post
              SC: Power Tools!
              After listening to him insist he was at Home Depot - I would've walked him over to the electronic staplers and pencil sharpeners and declared, "Power tools!"
              "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
                That sort of thing happens all the time. Don't feel too bad.
                I don't feel bad...I think it's funny.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

I take it the computers, printers, paper, office supplies, highlighters, fax machines, filing cabinets, file folders, lack of orange aprons, wood, toilets, piping, entire aisles dedicated to caulk, paint counters and massive expanding space didn't tip him off.
                  How in the hell someone can mistake OFFICE Depot for HOME Depot is just so far beyond my scope of comprehension I don't even know how to verbalise the awe that I'm in.

Comment

Just for fun I would have said "follow me" and tried to see how many times I could get the guy to follow me around the store before he realized that we weren't really looking for powertools.

Comment

similarly, i had someone on the phone ask me if i was sure which store she had called. she wanted store B, but got me at store A.

"is this store B?"

"no, this is store A."

"are you sure?"

no douche, i just wandered in and hoped for the best.
                      Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

Quoth PriceytheCashierKing View Post
                        SC: Screw this, I'm going to Lowes you guys are so incompetent and never do ANYTHING right!
                        OMG. You were being so professional and trying to help him even though he is being a complete tool and he is still horrible to you! Unbelievable.
                        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I can't wait till your local Home Depot gets word from the home office that a customer was insulted, threatened and offered office supplies in their store.

I doubt the name matters, I work at a True Value and you can't imagine how many people come in with Ace sale adds.
                          "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

I used to work at Home Depot and every now and then I'd get a customer asking for computers or the plastic floor-mat thingies to put their office chair on. I would explain that we didn't carry them; customer would insist that we did. I would then politely point them in the general direction of Office Depot and they would depart. Idiots.
                            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Our ecentric name has often gotten us confused with Big Lots, however most of the situations has only revolved around a customer writing BL's name on their check or blurting it to someone over the phone; we had a customer come in with BL's flyer, but that was difused fairly shortly.

...doesn't help that we did, at one point, sell some large construction paper from BL, but then we also had bedding sheets from K-Mart, shopping carts from Wal*Mart, and Christmas wreathes from Ames. >.<
                              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                                I have you beat. I ask where stuff is in my store, and I've worked there for almost 4 years. I look hard, too.

One time I looked for something, couldn't find it, asked one of the guys and it turns out I was staring at it.

Lots of laughs.

I done that a few times before.
                                Last edited by powerboy; 08-09-2007, 08:11 AM.
                                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                                X