This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
    Do the sports teachers have to go and buy sports equipment out of their own pockets?
    No, sports are either funded out of the district's budget or the teams fund themselves.

Quoth Tria View Post
    The difference between a happy town and one where half the town commits suicide yearly is whether the team is winning. Exagerating maybe, joking no. Try to get money so kids can have NEW books and no one will show except maybe a couple moms. Ask for money for sports, and EVERYONE shows up.
    I have to agree on that. My school wasted money nonstop on the American football team and when I wrote a column on the idea for suggesting why books are more important than a school sports team I had every idiot, student and parent alike jumping down my throat for suggesting that. I like sports as much as the next guy but they shouldn't have priority over education.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

It's ridiculous that teachers have to buy classroom supplies out of their own pockets. However, her attitude was totally uncalled for.
      I fully agree. Just think about how bad it is for the subs and teachers aides that have to go into a school that is loaded with smart-mouth, bloated-ego fucksticks like THAT. That's why there's a couple of schools in my area that will not work in because of that. It's ironic that some would act like that since most people in this area are descended from German peons that came here with literally NOTHING but the clothes off their backs and a piece of paper that bore their last name.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        We have limits on our BTS sale items as well, but they only apply to the sale prices. You can buy up to the limit and get the sale price; if you buy an more than that you are charged a higher price for each one over the limit.
        As someone above me said, this is exactly how it should be. It makes it so they really can't bicker. Sure, you can buy all 27 packs, but you're only getting the discount on 5.

Quoth cinema guy View Post
        No, but by encouraging him to draw she might just better his future a little bit.
        And by encouraging the kids to share, instead of teaching them to expect their own pristine box of crayons might better his future a little bit more. When I was in elementary school, we did not have our own boxes of crayons, unless we bought them ourselves.

Above all else, and returning to the original post, her attitude was inexcusable. I'm sorry if she has to buy her own supplies--that sucks. But it is not the store's fault, and they have no way to verify her claim, let alone any signage stating that teachers get exceptions.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
        X