Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its the hotels fault you have no money....I see....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its the hotels fault you have no money....I see....

This is probably one of the dumbest situations I have been a part of. A women makes a reservation today for a room at our inn. She arrives and gives me her credit card, it declines. She tells me that can't be, but it is. So instead of calling her credit card company to see whats up, she blames me. She tells me I didn't "run it correctly". What?
    She doesn't even have enough cash for the room, so wants to pay partial cash and partial CHECK! We have a "credit card required" policy, and a no check policy, so this lady is all over the place with her payment at our inn. I may have been able to accommodate all cash, but with a check involved, I'm out. Now she is saying that we are "discriminating" against her. I guess I am, I discriminate against people with no ability to pay for a room, what a jackass.
    She calls the 1-800 number. She claims to be a lawyer (must not be a good one since she has no money and drives a beat up old Ford mini van). As she is talking to whoever on the phone, she mentions that this is the second time she had an issue with our hotel chain today. She explains that she had made a reservation at one of our other inns 20 miles north of us about a week ago. When she got there today, they told her that they didn't have her reservation, even though she had a confirmation from the internet. The person from corporate must have asked her if she wanted to complain about that hotel for not having a room for her, because she said "No, I don't think the hotel is at fault, I must have made the reservation wrong or something. But this place, I think I might take LEGAL ACTION against them for discrimination".
    Is this a joke? Am I in a twilight zone episode? Why is it my fault her card declined and she has a check, but not the hotels fault that gave away her reservation?

I might be back, if my head doesn't explode first!

Easy, many people think they can get a free ride if they play the race card. I see it all the time and quite fankly, I'm sick of it.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I think I have become SC'ist from working. Most of us have, I'm sure.

Does that count as rascism, prejudice, or just life?

Comment

Your environment, Unholypet.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm surprised she didn't play the "Limited Income" card too
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

She's a "lawyer" she can't play limited income cards. She has no money and is gonna press charges, I wouldn't worry. If she is a lawyer, she can't be that good of one, and since she has no money she'll be self-representing. It won't be a an easy battle, it'll be a massacre, even with a law student representing you.
            It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
            ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Believe me, I am not worried about her suing me. To me, it sounded like she mentioned all this lawyer crap as intimidation. I really would never guess that this lady was a lawyer. The way she dressed, looked, acted, none of it added up.
              I just find it amusing that she wasted 30 minutes of my time over something that is her fault. Why on earth do people feel they have the time for stupidity like this, but no time to be productive, like say....WORK!!!
              Amazing....

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
                Believe me, I am not worried about her suing me. To me, it sounded like she mentioned all this lawyer crap as intimidation. I really would never guess that this lady was a lawyer. The way she dressed, looked, acted, none of it added up.
                I just find it amusing that she wasted 30 minutes of my time over something that is her fault. Why on earth do people feel they have the time for stupidity like this, but no time to be productive, like say....WORK!!!
                Amazing....

That is because work is hard for them. And bitching, is easy.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                  That is because work is hard for them. And bitching, is easy.
                  But your Honoooooorr. I want my mooooneeeyyyyy. WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!
                  It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                  ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                  X