Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't EVER try something like that in my friend's pub...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah, I've seen this before. You can actually watch the process as these wasted sperm work their way up into hostility.

Basically, he sees something he doesn't like, be it a gay couple, punker, race different than his, or... in your case, guy in a skirt.

Now, right off the bat, their highly developed redneck morality informs them that this is wrong, but initially he's not offended enough to take action (Unless he's truly extreme, which generally just means he's done all the workup beforehand).

However, as redneck wisdom goes, if you aren't offended enough by something to take action (Basically, kicking the ass of the person who offended you), then you aren't really offended. And if you're not really offended, then you must actually like something. Which would make him gay (Oddly enough, even RACIAL offense seems to boil down to this, with what passes for his morality sitting on his shoulder telling him 'Well, if you like <Insert race here> so much, why don't you MARRY the guy!')

So, he starts talking himself up. Usually, because inner monologues are difficult, he mutters out loud. If he's with buddies, it goes faster, as well as if he's drunk. First he convinces himself he could kick the individual's ass. Then he convinces himself he SHOULD. Finally, he convinces himself that everyone else feels the same way, and will come to his aid should things go sour.

At which point, he gets up, and generally does something stupid.

As for wearing a skirt... whatever you find comfortable. I'd never wear one, because I have horrible, horrible legs... I don't even wear shorts People take way too much interest and offense in things that don't impact them and are none of their business.
    Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      *waves her well manicured hand* Hi... I was nearly fired for wearing nail polish. You tell me.
      OT, but ...

Also, one time at The Big E (regional "state fair" with permanent buildings), some ^(%^& tried to jump my husband because he had tied his cloak around his waist (it was warmer than expected), so it looked like a skirt.

Then my husband stood up. Asstrumpet left. Quickly.
      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth iviles View Post
        Hmmm maybe hes secretly harboring gay fantisies. You know the squicky wheel always wants to get greased.
        In this case, by Bubba.

Comment

Some of my fondest SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) memories involve fighters in short tunics. :drooooool:
          I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
            Oh, people. If you would have asked her why it was wrong, she'd say that it just was, surely.
            But you have to be careful tut-tuting such reasoning. After all, it wasn't all that long ago that a thirty year old guy married to, and having sex with, with a 14-year old girl wouldn't even cause most people to bat an eye. Heck, it still goes on in many countries.

Putting on my devil's advocate cap (ie. I don't actually think this way, but I'm trying to make a point), why did that suddenly become taboo? Laws aside, what is it exactly that makes it wrong? Wouldn't that be pushing your morals onto people? Why exactly is a 14 year old having concensual sex with a 30 year old bad, but that same sex with a 15 year old guy is just fine? Does changing the genders around change anything?

You see how hard it is to argue without saying, "Its just wrong"?

That said, wear whatever the hell you want. As long as you're not telling me what to wear, its still a free country.

NOTE: The age of consent thing is something I had to debate in a class once, on randomly picked teams. Some of those points were brought up by the defending team. In their defense, they said they all felt dirty having to argue the pros of it.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

My biggest complaint with young teens having sex is that they are coddled so much now adays, most lack teh maturity to deal with the consequences of having sex.

Raise a kid with the expectation and training to be off on their own/running a large estate/otherwise responsible for themselves and most likely a family, and I'd have less of an issue with it.

Then again, I know 30-year-olds that I think aren't mature enough for sex yet.
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

My friends, C(female), K(male), and myself travelled in Bali for a little bit. When we visited the temples, the proper dress for men and women was a shirt and a sarong. The problem wasn't getting K into the sarong, it was getting him out of it.

He really liked wearing it, said it was more comfortable in the hot weather than shorts, but he felt the fabric was going to tangle in his legs. C and I said he needed to take smaller steps.

For myself, I like wearing skirts, my only condition is that I need to be able to run in them.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Do they wear it all at once, or do they pass it around?

^-.-^
                  Oh alright Bratley!

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                  Pink Camo? Don't tell gravekeeper!
                  Should've know I'd find one on X Marks the Scot
                  http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/o...330/index.html

And then there's Freedom Kilts
                  http://www.freedomkilts.com/fabric.php?val=camo

Can't believe I forgot this one! 21st Century Kilts has some really nice pinstripe ones and some cool ones in denim. They're really on the cutting edge of design with kilts. And they still do the traditional at the same time.
                  Last edited by Broomjockey; 04-16-2008, 02:47 AM. Reason: merged
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Igorina View Post
                    For myself, I like wearing skirts, my only condition is that I need to be able to run in them.
                    You know, I think this may be one of the unofficial differences between kilts and skirts. Kilts are easier to run in.

Comment

Men really did themselves in on this issue.
                      Many chuckle over how capricious women's fashions are, but if you've ever had to make a good impression wearing a three piece suit in 99°/99% weather, you know you wish we were a little more flexible on the business clothing front. I once read a pretty in-depth article in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on how the river valley climate should seem to HIGHLY recommend adopting the business attire of say, Bermuda, where nicely tailored shorts are perfectly acceptable professional wear, but I don't think it has caught on. I don't really think that being able to buy a suit now and having it still be perfectly acceptable fashion wise in five years makes up for the fact that a lot of that five years will be miserable. I think many men WOULD wear skirts, but what is gained in physical comfort is offset by having to deal with explanations/ridicule all day.

On the plus side, at least we have a good number of viable alternatives to the purse finally - butt bags, back packs, day-timers, etc. I guess cell phones really made them almost inevitable, but men have needed purses for a looooonnnggg time.

Comment

Quoth AriRashkae View Post
                        OT, but ...
                        Short version? The store manager and his first in command (a very... angry fellow) decided the District manager would walk in one day, see me in polish, and fire my ass.

Quoth trench2k View Post
                        I don't get it. What kind of skirt does a guy wear (without it being a kilt) that still let's him hold onto a girlfriend? If a girl started taking hormones to grow facial hair, I wouldn't blame the boyfriend for looking elsewhere.
                        I think I would, personally. If you're with someone who expresses their deepest secrets to you, it would be extremely mean to just walk out on them. They trusted you.

Admittedly, however, gender means nothing to me. Men, women, trans (either direction), they're all late-night, hand betwixt the legs fodder.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          I think I would, personally. If you're with someone who expresses their deepest secrets to you, it would be extremely mean to just walk out on them. They trusted you.
                          Lol not one of my secrets - I wear them all the time hence the issue with the douchenozzle
                          ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
                            Lol not one of my secrets - I wear them all the time hence the issue with the douchenozzle
                            I was referring to the guy leaving his girlfriend because she started taking hormones. That would be a huge abuse of trust in my eyes, and, were I to be party to such a thing, I'd snatch up your 'girlfriend' immediately.
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                              I was referring to the guy leaving his girlfriend because she started taking hormones. That would be a huge abuse of trust in my eyes, and, were I to be party to such a thing, I'd snatch up your 'girlfriend' immediately.
                              Gotcha, with you now. I agree that you shouldn't leave someone over something cosmetic like that, but depending on the reasons she was growing facial hair, that might be grounds (if for example, you're 100% straight and she's looking to change gender )

Still, taking hormones is sort of irrelevant to the argument anyway - changing your physiology is not the same as changing the way you dress. I'm not about to start taking oestrogen and grow breasts or anything (no matter how much fun they'd be to play with ). As I keep having to explain to people who see me in a skirt for the first time, I'm NOT cross-dressing - that would imply I'm trying to dress as a woman, and I'm not. I'm just dressing as a man in a skirt
                              ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                                On the plus side, at least we have a good number of viable alternatives to the purse finally - butt bags, back packs, day-timers, etc. I guess cell phones really made them almost inevitable, but men have needed purses for a looooonnnggg time.
                                Gym bags and Briefcases serve the same purpose. Have you looked at the crap some people keep in a briefcase?
                                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                                X