Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a week and a half on the new job (bit long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a week and a half on the new job (bit long)

Welp, now that I'm a car parts clerk, I would first like to tell you guys that I LOVE my new job.

Nearly every customer is an absolute sweetheart (more on that in a bit) and 99% of the employees are very fun and helpful and patient with little n00b me.

NOW, the reason why this is in Sucky Customers and not in General Work chat.

The Phone Speed Racer: My GAWD wtf? I know you can't tell I'm a n00b on the phone, but for god's sake slow down!!! I don't know what's a dieradnd. Jo, What's a dirateen? A Tie Rod End? OOOH! okay. Sir? Wait, sir? wait wait, a Dawaiiee? What?

Yeah and that's just for a piece!

The out-of-order: This is how It's set up in the computer: Pieces menu, car/truck menu, Year, Mark, model and if applicable, type of motor. I can't access the car/truck menu if you don't tell me the piece you want FIRST. I can't access the model if you don't give me the mark. Please don't go "Yes, I need for a Firebird, V6, back brakes, 92, drums, motor 2.0 L , clutch kit" By the time you get to the other pieces you want (which ya shoulda told me at the beginning) I forgot if it was for a car or a tricycle. Don't sigh heavily when I ask you again.

Also, I had no idea there were so many Pontiac firebirds in my town. And that they broke so much. In a sweet twist, I never need to order parts for Calibers (My car).

The 80 years old garage owner: A new one from yesterday. He calls up, asks me for wiring with a code number. I enter the code but it gives me nothing.

I ask him again to make sure I entered it correctly and he hollers "I ALREADY GAVE YOU THE NUMBER!!" to which I shit-eating grin reply "I know sir, I just need to confirm I entered the right number." Repeat, type, nope, I had the number right, not working.

Turns out the guy wanted an OIL FILTER. Jeebus Freak, no wonder I couldn't find it. Oh, and guess what? It's all my fault of course. He NEVER makes mistakes. I didn't argue. Jo told me not to argue with the old coot, I am NOT arguing. I'm a tiny 25 years old woman in a typically male job, if I start arguing with old men, I'll have a nervous breakdown. Correct them silently and make them believe it's their idea. Better for my brain.

I also have a new version of the old man that luuurves me and grabs my hands except this guy brings his wife with him. I feel more comfortable with her being there, because I know he'll get his ear boxed over that.

Also, I am TOTALLY allowed to be a smartass and joke around with customers. WEE! Some of my favorites:

Me: "Oops, wait a second, I need to get this down to circus performer level!" *adjusts screen*

Customer: *brought it an old, broken oven element to match it to a new one. Purchase new element, folds the old one to throw it out*
    Me: "Ooh, Make me a doggy!"

Customer: *brings in a busted U-Bolt*
    Me: "Did you make a wish?"

Jo: *introduces a customer to me* "He's a lobster fisherman."
    Me: "I LOVE you."
    Him:

Clo: *introduces a customer to me* "This is Sam. He's really tall and handsome and single so if you wanna kiss him you'd have to climb on those boxes over here."
    Me: "Nu-Uh! He'll do the gentleman thing and KNEEL DOWN BEFORE ME!"
    Sam:

So all in all, had a lot of fun in this new job, so far.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

"Me: "Ooh, Make me a doggy!"

I hope your shop's not in West Hollywood, CA. lol!!!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

stupid snotty french speaking frog licker <---- part of my signature, it's obvious I'm from Quebec!
      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
      X