Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At my store we have this policy where to remove an item from the bill, you need the authorization of a supervisor or manager, because they are the only ones that have the codes to do it. It is to prevent theft, but it's so easy to get around that (say, hit product inquitry before scanning and hit cancel, or just pretend to scan it), that it probably doesn't make much of a difference. Not that I would know, I don't steal from there (although I should, they stole about $20 of overtime pay that I am legally entitled to, so if I stole a $19.99 item, it would just be making things even). Half the time when I call for a supervisor, people ask if I'm new. Erm, no, they just don't trust me even though I've been working there without incident for over a year.
    free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

I recently got the "you must be new here" line too.
      My answer Ma'am I have been here off an on for 15 years. I know the policy as my husband owns the place. That shut her up.

Comment

I get it a lot at Hollywood, because if someone comes in at the same time every week the person on duty gets to know them pretty well.

Naturally, they think that if one person knows them, ALL of us must know them, so if I ask a regular for their card they inevitably spit out "you must be new here."

Now I *am* sort of new...I've been there since March, but I started working with the store LAST March, when it opened. I'm one of only two remaining employees that were hired within a month of the store opening. I took a break to go to school, then transferred to a school closer to home, and then came back to Hollywood, but still...

...not new.

Comment

Don't you wish you could just say, "If I'm new, how about you show me how to run this machine b!#$#!"

But you know, we hafta hold back.

Comment

I was asked yesterday. Was I asked because I entered the order incorrectly? No. Was I asked because I looked confused about what to do? No. Was it because I had somebody by my side to make sure I was doing everything correctly? No.

The reason I was asked if I was new, ladies and gentlemen, is because my response to the guys order of a "hamburger" was "Do you want a single, or a junior hamburger?" (Ultimately a $1.53 difference)

Asking for a hamburger at Wendy's is like asking for a "coffee" at Starbucks, a "car" at any car dealership, or a "pet" at any pet store.

I simply don't know what in the hell you want.

I've dealt with similar people before. In drive-thru, people will ask me for a "burger and a drink"...and that's it.

Essentially, I must ask you the following questions:
            "Do you want a junior or a single?"
            If they want the single: "Would you like cheese on it?"
            "Would you like the combo?"
            "What TYPE of drink would you like?"
            "What size combo?"
            etc. etc.

By about the third question, some will actually ask if I'm new. Wow....just wow....how new I must be that i'm unable to just take that information right from your brain (or lack of for that matter).

Then when they reach the window and I have a blatantly pissed look on my face, some say: "Have a sense of humor!"

What do they expect me to do? ???

Some of PhoneJockey's SCs must call her from their cell phones as they're on their way to Wendy's for lunch.
            Last edited by FastFoodFlunky; 07-14-2006, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X