This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Never coming here again!" ...I wish

The computers in our video rental department have a really nice feature on them: the ability to put notes on customers' accounts. I tend to put a note on an account of a customer says something like "I'm never coming here again!" or "I'm getting Netflix!" whenever they become irate.

About four months ago, I remember a phone conversation I had with a woman. It was ridiculous:

Me: "Hello, video department"
    SC: "When are my movies due back?"
    *I obtain her name and look up her account*
    Me: "They were actually due two days ago at midnight."
    SC: "Does that mean I have a late fee?"
    Me: *duuhh* "Yes, it is $2.50 for each movie late, $1.25 recurring each day late."
    SC: "You mean I have to pay...*calculates* $10!!!!"
    Me: "If they're returned tonight, yes."
    SC: "Well, it looks like I am never coming back now, doesn't it?"
    Me: "Fine by me, ma'am"
    SC: *click*

Luckily, she came back to at least return her late movies. After the phone call, I put a note on her account saying what happened and what she had said.

Fast forward to tonight. Unfortunately, I was on break for this one, but I heard all about it. That's right, she came back!! It is ALWAYS a great laugh when we get a customer back with such a note on their account. And guess what? She had to pay her late fees off!

Apparently she was fuming about it, but she paid them. But, she AGAIN said that she was never coming back again. Apparently her daughter said, "mom, you say that about EVERYWHERE but you always come back..." and she stormed out.

VICTORY!!

I love when ppl who go places w/ irate customers tell the truth about them. Hilarious.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Wish SCs wouldn't get our hopes up this way tho... every time an SC says, "I'm never coming back!" I think to myself, "Pleeeez mean it this time!"
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Sadly, more times than not, a SC does not make good on their promise when they say that.
        "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
        ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I used to work in a bank and if I had a quarter for every time I heard a SC say this...I wouldn't even NEED to work. And yes, they almost always came back again within the next week or two.
          "In nature, stupidity is a capital crime; judgement is absolutely impartial, there is no process for an appeal, and the sentence is carried out immediately." -- Anon

Comment

I've had this happen to me both ways. . . When I worked at a pizza place, I'd do the same thing, a customer would call and bitch about the service, pizza whatever and they'd say the famous line, "I'm going somewhere else," or "I'm never coming back" I'd leave a quick note in the computer under their address/phone number and lo and behold, they're back a week later.

Then, at the job I'm at now (retail-ish), people would say, "Oh, I'm gonna have to come back and get that" or "I'll be back to get that" 99.99% chance they don't ever come back. Even when they put something on layaway (non-refundable) do they rarely ever come back to pick it up.
            This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Yeah I hear this one ALOT since they opened the Wal Mart Supercenter across the street. We have people who ask if we do price matching and then blame me when we don't. Hell we encourage all the shitty people to go to Wal-mart. If we shut down I still get unemployment checks. (Sorry Wally World People).

When people return things I write notes on the return tickets like, "Probably trying to scam us" or "Major A-hole" My manager gets a kick out of the little notes I write.

Recently I read where a guy placed a lawsuit against LensCrafters after someone wrote that he was 'F-ing crazy' on his invoice...opps...lol.
              Of course his quote made him sound innocent, but we all know he probably went apeshit in there.
              --AmericanZero8503--
              Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

No, the employee just wrote "fcuking crazy" on the guy's account on a whim!

(/end sarcasm)

Comment

Quoth AmericanZero8503
                  Yeah I hear this one ALOT since they opened the Wal Mart Supercenter across the street. We have people who ask if we do price matching and then blame me when we don't.
                  Loved those people. They'd come into the store, see that our prices were exhorbitant, and the first thing out of their mouths? "Do you price match?"

"Depends on the definition..." *take a DVD, scan it into the comp, double check the price on screen with the one on the label*
                  "Yup, prices match. Next question?"

(and yes, I know our prices were abnormally high. Thanks, Yellow Tag company for running us like we were a store independent from the mall, and thus, into the ground, then raising our prices so your stores looked better by comparison!)
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working downtown, parking spaces are like gold.The Kinko's parking lot was a prime place to park, and since I am a conscience-free bitch, I got the very fun job of seeing to it the illegal parks were towed away.

This used to make me supremely happy, especially when the owners of the illegal parks got mad. A few took it like men, but of course, most of them tried to make me feel bad because they can't read the 10 signs in the lot and the two on the door telling them their car will be towed unless they are a customer.

Here's an excerpt from a conversation I had with one nimrod whose car I had towed away:

SC:I'm a customer! You can't treat me like this!
                    Me: You aren't a customer until you spend money in my store. Right now, you are a trespasser.
                    SC: Well, do you WANT me to ever be a customer?
                    Me: I dunno, is this your normal personality?
                    SC: I'm never coming back here again!
                    Me: Great. I don't need trespassers in my lot.

He didn't care much for that. That was one of the perks of being the tow bitch. I don't have to be nice to people like him.

One chick got all insulting because her daddy's SUV ended up going bye bye. She shouted at me:

"You people are all stupid! That's why you are working in a dump like this!"
                    I just said, Well, that may be the case, but at least we all know where our rides are."

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid
                      I just said, Well, that may be the case, but at least we all know where our rides are."
                      Harsh, relevant, and true. An excellent way to add insult to injury. I love it!
                      free from the evil clutches of crappy tire

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid
                        Working downtown, parking spaces are like gold.The Kinko's parking lot was a prime place to park, and since I am a conscience-free bitch, I got the very fun job of seeing to it the illegal parks were towed away

This used to make me supremely happy, especially when the owners of the illegal parks got mad. .
                        Ohhhh, you are evil! I chase bad check writers for the same reason

One chick got all insulting because her daddy's SUV ended up going bye bye. She shouted at me:

LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT!!!

*bows at the feet of the Tow-Bitch*

Comment

Working...
                        X