Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of leave don't you understand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of leave don't you understand?

Ok, so some background I would at a lovely big orange hardware store that has become somewhat know for its "wonderful" return policies. Today we were a little short staffed and for the afternoon I was over at the return desk helping my coworker C. Around 4 or 5 our head cashier had to go to lunch and since we tend to run around like chickens with our heads cut off without a head cashier, C was appointed in charge for the hour. Me and another girl were up front doing returns, line out the door like every sunday. Customer gets to the front of the line has 2 different pair of gloves. He wants to exchange this pair for the other. Ok so at my store we can only do even exchanges. The SKU/UPC has to match. Otherwise you've gotta to a return then a sale. Now if it's slow I'll do it but...

I did the return on the first pair of gloves and then (and the fatal mistake) said "sir I've got a line out the door, I'm gonna need you to go to the front end to make your purchase" This guy starts getting angry. "I've already waited in line, I'm not waiting again. I've got a corporate account here. They've done it for me before." Using all the SC lines you know and hate while I just kept saying you need to leave sir. Then he says I wanna see your manager. Fine. By this point C is standing behind me for something else. I said This is my supervisor and she's gonna tell you the same thing. And repeated the whole you need to leave thing. He actually said I wanna hear it from her cause you she's a manger and your just an employee

***sidenote: C was really nervous playing head cashier this afternoon and as I've been there longer I told her if she had any problems to come to me. So wait. You think she gonna tell you anything different from me? Yeah right***

So C told him the same thing I did. And he said I'm not leaving. Umm... so what do I do with the overgrown baby blocking my till? So we just kinda left him alone for about a minute while I finished the other return that I needed C's approval for. And who do I see but my wonderful manager walking by. I grabbed my manager and told him I couldn't get this guy to leave. So my manager starts "talking" to this guy and I start on my next customer. I was slightly frazzled but the next customer understood and even thought the guy was being a baby.

So now your wondering what happened to the guy. Did my manager cave and apologize or did he send the guy packing?
    My manager told he guy that he needed to go to a register (front-end, service desk, tools, anything) but the return desk was return only. The guy bitched some more and my manager not only gave his name but also the phone number to the store so the guy could call and complain. The guy ended up walking the 10 steps to the service desk where the was absolutely no line to make him purchase.

and they wonder why I hate returns

Hmmm... I think I work at the same orange place you do (Albeit different store I'm sure.) It's funny to see how things differ store to store. In the case you had I would have just charged it for him there because it would have taken all but a few seconds you know? Managers in my store would have my ass for doing something like that. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, if thats the way your store runs it then you should go by that just to cover your ass you know?

Comment

Working...
    X