This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should I call a manager?

Recently I've had 2 customers with some personal issues.

Both became abusive after asking the same question numerous times because the answer was basically the same (given politely & professionally) that we did not carry that they wanted. oh.. they would keep starring at our selection for a half hour and would not believe their own eyes either (or their reality). Then they would blow up like a two year old and cause trouble, lie, etc.

How many times should I repeatedly answer a customer's simple question? I'm thinking that after 3 times, I should call a manager and get away from them. What do you think?

2 or 3 times, especially if the customer gets...fussier with each round.

Too bad you can't hand them a bottle of water with magic prozac in it or something to calm them down LOL.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Depends how quickly they become irate and how quickly you approach smacking them with a clue-by-four. When I see I'm getting nowhere, I'll gladly offer to call a manager for them. Adding that the manager will tell them the same thing is always a nice touch.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
      X