This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Day Fun

Today was the last day of business at my current location. We had signs everywhere attesting to this fact. Of course we all know that customers don't read. I had so many customers ask me if we were closing it wasn't even funny.
    I fully expect people to be pounding on the doors tomorrow wondering why they can't in. Either that or someone will come in behind the inventory crew and wonder why no one will ring them up.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Can we say people are idiots?

Went in today to help with the packing up. I had to laugh at all the people who came up to the front door, saw the huge line of shopping carts blocking the entrance, looked at the signs saying we were closed and to go to <next closest store>, and still acted incredelous that we weren't open.

I almost wish I could see how many people try to get in when the store is completely packed up and the lights are out. A minor little thing like empty shelves and a locked door isn't going to stop people.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

The scene - a local village food shop, mostly selling fruit, veg, and some meat etc.

I'm on my knees with a chisel smashing a walk-in fridge floor to pieces and concrete dust has filled the air. Shelves are either missing or in pieces. Most of the lights are out. A last few items of produce are out on what remains of the display. The milkman and the Boss are haggling over the price of a set of shop shelves and the air is turning blue.

Enter the peroxide Barbie. "Are these," she asked, indicating a last few leathery carrots with a heavily lacquered fingernail, "organic?"

Oblivious - good word to use.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
      X