This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First World Drama

I hate the entitled attitude I get at my work, no offense but it is almost exclusively customers from the First World Nations. When our Spanish only line was outsourced to Central America, 18 out of the 20 Spanish only agents quit because they didn't want to deal with the entitled attitudes on our non Spanish line.

Me: thank you for calling however may I help you?
    SC: Why the hell are you so slow!
    Me: I apologize I'd be happy to help.... ::SC interrupts::
    SC: You're too slow, hurry up.
    Me: I would be happy to hel.. ::interrupts again::
    SC: You're being to slow..
    ::SC continues to interrupt for 30+ minutes, until I finally get him to tell me he wanted a pick up.::
    Me: I apologize, the cut off time for scheduling a pick up past about 20 minutes ago, I will not be able to schedule a pick up for you today, but I can schedule you a pick up for tomorrow.
    SC:You stupid slow, blargle blargle, how dare you tell me what I can't do, go blargle yourself! ::click::
    Last edited by Rattslinger; 12-12-2013, 11:53 PM.

I don't suppose it ever occurs to these people that they might get their stuff done on time if they'd quit their bellyaching and get to the point?!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

*tsk tsk* XCashier! That's not the way to treat customers! Don't you know they should be allowed to whine and complain and bitch for as long as they like, after which they should get whatever they want immediately?

Comment

Quoth Rattslinger View Post
        I hate the entitled attitude I get at my work, no offense but it is almost exclusively customers from the First World Nations. When our Spanish only line was outsourced to Central America, 18 out of the 20 Spanish only agents quit because they didn't want to deal with the entitled attitudes on our non Spanish line.

Me: thank you for calling however may I help you?
        SC: Why the hell are you so slow!
        Me: I apologize I'd be happy to help.... ::SC interrupts::
        SC: You're too slow, hurry up.
        Me: I would be happy to hel.. ::interrupts again::
        When I worked at Dish....we had this discussion many times with QA. I personally wouldn't have given the "happy to help" line again, and as a supervisor, would tell my agents that. Not all customers, especially ones that act up like this, fit with the nice little neat script. QA, IIRC, ended up relenting and saying if the customer interrupted you during something scripted like that, you got credit because you attempted, you didn't have to repeat yourself, because in some cases the call would NEVER end.

I live in TX, and indeed, our Spanish agents noted a marked difference in customer behavior when they took English calls.

My personal favorites were the nights of big PPV boxing when they'd give us a script and try to make all of us take Spanish calls.

It never happened.

Comment

Working...
        X