This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got two words for you, and they're not "Hi there!"

Saturday I got one of "those" customers -- the ones you can identify within 30 seconds as being someone you're not going to be able to please no matter what. Abrupt, dismissive, arrogant -- you name it.

She made it quite clear she wasn't happy with any of the answers I gave to any of the questions she asked. I very shortly stopped trying -- just spoke to her as needed so she couldn't bitch that she was being ignored. I don't know what her friend was thinking -- I'd not want to be associated in public with somebody like that.

The final straw came when she tried to open a gift box we're offering -- it's held closed with some fancy coloured rope and it can be a bit of a battle to get it open. I picked another one up and began to open it ... and she snapped, "Never mind!" and plunked the box she was holding back on the shelf. I put mine back and walked away. At that point I didn't care if she spent well into three figures; somebody else could deal with her (she didn't spend anything, of course; she walked out at that point).

Her friend did make a respectable purchase, but I was glad to see the back of both of them.

Some people are not happy, unless they are making other people's life difficult.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      Some people are not happy, unless they are making other people's life difficult.
      And I say a big AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!! to that

Comment

I hate people like that. It's like they try so hard to get into a grumpy frame of mind, just so that they can get angry and rude. And I think some people like to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
          I hate people like that. It's like they try so hard to get into a grumpy frame of mind, just so that they can get angry and rude. And I think some people like to make a mountain out of a molehill.
          Oh indubitably, these are the people who keep asking more and more obtuse and detailed questions about a certain product, often totally unrelated to use or purchase, and keep going until they find one that the employee/salesperson can't answer, just so they can stomp off declaring how useless everyone is at that store because they can't "answer a simple question!"
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

"Madam, if you need help getting that stick out of your nether regions, I suggest you try the plumbing dept. Good day."

Most effective when said in your best "Mrs. Slocomb" voice
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              Oh indubitably, these are the people who keep asking more and more obtuse and detailed questions about a certain product, often totally unrelated to use or purchase, and keep going until they find one that the employee/salesperson can't answer, just so they can stomp off declaring how useless everyone is at that store because they can't "answer a simple question!"
              And of course, they're not stupid cuz they don't know the answer; you are!
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean... I had a customer come into my restaurant (fast food). She was an old lady and she definitely looked mean and nasty, like she was just looking for a fight. I took her order. While I was taking another customers order, she started making fun of the way I talked! She repeated what I said, in this high, sarcastic, nasty tone. I wanted to throw a sandwich at her. But in the end, I won.

I went to hand her the tray of food, and I told her as nicely as possible to have a nice day. She got so mad that she slammed the tray down on the counter, and then walked away with it. I guess some people aren't happy unless there making someone else miserable...
                “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
                ― Rebecca West

Comment

Working...
                X